This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WC front pedistal question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WC front pedistal question
    Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 7:22am
I have a 38 unstyled wc and have questions about the front pedistal? The bottom part with the two spindels has been broke and welded. Is this the same part on wd/wd45 and styled wc as my unstyled wc? And what holds the U-joint on the steering shaft on the pedistal end ? I can't see a roll pin or any set screw. Thanks for any help and have a great day.                                    Thad
Sponsored Links

B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 7:25am
Thad as for the u-joint there is a pin in there you just have to cleen more to find it.
MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 7:59am
A styled WC is the same but the WD's are different. Both will slide in the frame rails but the steering may have to be changed a little for the WD.
Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 4 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 12:12pm
Thanks guys.  The only part I want to know about is just the spindels which bolt on from the bottom with one big bolt. The steering is real tight on the pedistal so I just want to replace the welded spindel part.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 6:13pm
I found that the u-joint has been welded on both ends. I'll do what I can to save the shaft on the pedistal end.
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 6:41pm
According to the parts books, the styled WC and WD-WD45 share the same spindle block.  Not sure what the difference is on the unstyled, but the book says you'd need the new vertical shaft if you change.  I might have one floating around here, will look tomorrow morning if you need.
AaronSEIA
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 7:03pm
Thanks Aaron I'm interested.
Matt (Jordan,MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt (Jordan,MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 7:08pm
 I should have everything you need. I just parted out a unstyled wc and have another one that i am going to part out. You can send me a PM or email me at mbscott881@hotmail.com               Matt
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 7:21pm
I pulled the pedistal tonight and I had to torch the steering shaft. The u-joint was welded on both ends but i carefully ground away the weld and saved the shaft on the pedistal and the u-joint. The spindel block at the bottom is junk and so is the u-bolt that holds it on. I don't feel bad about cutting the steering shaft cause it had already been cut and had a model A ford transmisson inline for a steering gear reduction.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic