This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Santa finally came !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Santa finally came !
    Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 2:04pm
Well I guess I was nice this year, Santa didn't forget me....
... just a little late.
OK, I bought it with some of the cash I got for selling a,um, Ford 2N..so I'm 100% pure orange now.

My new 'toy'...must be, I only have 1 acre,wife figures I'm nuts.

Can anyone send me a link to a manual on this old girl?
It's be nice to NOT break anything while trying to figure out the controls.
I know it's a 3 speed and the cab wiring needs work. My D-14 key starts it!!

She starts,runs,header spins, lotsa belts to watch out for, and the brakes work!

Neighbour want to know if I can cut his grass with it !

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Sponsored Links

Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 2:34pm
Jay, you say that you only have 1 acre? that is ground I am thinking?? 
When your "Bride", gets done with you, you MIGHT have 2 acres! The left and right!
Are you NUTS? she said you are!  see where I am going?? 
She starts, runs, spins, and the BRAKES WORK. LOL
Have a GREAT NEW YEAR!

Dave in PA

You brought this up, just havin" fun!  

FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 2:39pm
Looks beautimous... will not take long to do a acre.
JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 2:42pm
I think you also have variable speed,  its the lever that raises and lowers the header,  move it forward for faster and move it to the rear for slower-in each gear.

Do you have three brake pedals- on for each drive wheel and one to apply both?
What year is it?

Edited by JoeO(CMO) - 31 Dec 2010 at 2:44pm

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 3:45pm
I've got a clutch pedal left of the steering column, and one brake pedal to the tight of the column.
Yes, I have a small lever to the left of the 'big stick ' that raises and lowers the hedder(sp). Found the safety on the left cyd. cylinder, then some really wet ice, now I have a sobbing blue left thumb.No sympathy  either from 'she who thinks it's ugly' !
I think the serial # is 24999 but need better daylight...maybe next year.lol!
I figure I did my good deed for the day, saved it from the scrapyard.
cheers guys

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Steve M C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 3:56pm
So you don't have turning brakes.No big deal,just put out more end rows.Back in the day,you could add them from dealer add ons.My uncle did that to his E.Don't know how a E is made but my A2 had a lever bent out towards driver from vertical shaft.Lift/lower lever for head and push/pull for variable speed.Other lever was up/down for reel height
JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 4:05pm
Dad bought a new "E" in fall of '64, ordered with turning brakes, optional.  I wasn't on it alot, but when I was I really liked that Gleaner.  I remember adding a tach, automotive type, SW, reading off the distributor.

GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 5:01pm

jaybmiller,

I have extra Dealer Parts Manuals for the "A" and "R" combine.
Section I - Engine (March 1963), Section II - Combine (February 1959).
Serial 14053 and up for both of them.

$12.50 each plus the ride.

Send a PM if interested.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 5:14pm
Sure the guy gets a new toy , wife gets mad , and now you want to get him in more hot water furnishing reading material he will get burried in for the next few months and then want to charge him , ..LOL rub salt in the wounds ..
  Then good deal on the reading material as he may be living in the cab and will need something to do .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 7:55pm
That's a fine looking combine you have there.  Don't listen to those guys giving you a hard time, your wife sent them a PM to tell you you're crazy for buying a combine with just an acre.  All you need to do now is buy a farm (or rent one).  You can also do custom work with it and pay for it in no time at all.  Happy New Year!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
papastanh View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papastanh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 7:59pm
A boy's toys just have to get bigger with age no matter how big the toy box is. Way to go!
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 3:11am
yeah...you kin cut the grass with it...just open everything wide open and go!!!
Herb(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herb(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 6:59am

That machine appears to have been well treated, and the price was right.  Good decision.  And hopefully the spouse will soon agree with you, and will be wanting to drive it in parades.

kev/ont View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kev/ont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2011 at 8:09am
most times it's easier to get forgiven then permission
John In. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John In. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 12:48am
 Nice looking machine... you can put a blade on the front and use it to plow out the driveway. don't feel bad, I have only one acre myself and just bought a 4 row planter. 2 passes and I'll have a whole garden full of corn and one row in the grass.lol... 
redline View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 1:27am
Good looking machine! I'll bet that cab might have been the first owner's first experience with comfort during harvest. It would have been a huge step up from sitting out in the open on a combine, or a tractor with a pull type. Then, when he got away from the mounted corn picker contraption and had a spot out of the weather- Ahhh, almost heaven!
I like that line about it being easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission. It seems to work that way around here for sure.
If it weren't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done!
Jim Lindemood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Lindemood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 7:42am
Ho, Ho, Ho, --- you were a good boy last year, but off to a bad boy start for this year. LOL. Wish Santa had left one in my barn.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic