This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kohler Model and Spec #, 918H Garden Tractor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kohler Model and Spec #, 918H Garden Tractor
    Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 10:24am
I need to replace the starter on my 918H garden tractor, 1998 model, and I cannot find the model and spec # sticker, as it must be gone.  Does anyone have this?  It has the Kohler 18hp V-Twin.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links

Bill(MO) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 11:07am
I have a 1994 model. Engine is CH18S and spec is 62513.
cougar766 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cougar766 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 11:09am
should be a KH-25-098-11-S (Kohler part# for  a cub cadet) but should be for any horizontal shaft 18 hp V-Twin or CHS18- model engine
hope this helps
KevinON View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 3:44pm
Thanks, guys!
ACmowerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACmowerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 8:47pm
If it was really built in 1998 then it would have come with a Kohler Triad (overhead cam), not the command. These engines were very problematic and Simplicity replaced many under warranty with the better Command engine.  One way to tell the difference between them is whether the starter has the solenoid built-in. The command does, while the triad does not. From the Simplicity engine info manual, the Model and spec # for the 1998 Agco 918 is as follows:

Model: TH18S

Spec: PS-54511

skip(MO) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 10:39pm
i have a 1998 sovereign and it has the command engine. ch18s.
KevinON View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 6:23am
Thanks again, fellas.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic