This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

816 Back Hoe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsgath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 816 Back Hoe
    Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 10:04pm

HI sir :) I am looking at one sitting next to a barn. Has not been run in a couple years. Rear swing pin and seat look to need replacement. Cylders all look pretty good for age. Are parts still a bear to find. This would be a blind project as its not running. asking price is 2600. I know you cant predict over net just looking for a allis lover opinion.

It sure seems like a nice heavy machine

Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 11:15pm
JUMP ON IT , don't walk run there with the cash , parts are there for it and even if not running it should be worth that in pieces if you give up on making it run.
Srl # GO FROM  1001 to 2852  1970 to 1975

Any hoe is worth that much , heck even a bucket can bring $400 for one easily

Edited by Coke-in-MN - 10 Dec 2010 at 11:19pm
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Dave A View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 4:35pm

I don't know if it is  much better than that. Most parts a not Allis. Engine is perkins, transmission and rear end are Rockwell. Think the hoe pins are bushed.  Knock out the bushing and replace with new pin. Parts are out there. Don't go looking for a shift cable for it. I bought the last one in the world. Simple things are hard to find,

Edited by Dave A - 07 Jan 2011 at 2:23pm
Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game.
Winston Churchill
MarcDes View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcDes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 8:14am
Hi there ,I recently purchased an 816 b and I am looking for Rear wheel brake parts ( Brake shoes , cylinder,pins etc for one side ) Dealer says the shoes are obsolete . Any help finding used parts or cross reference would be appreciated .
Thanks
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 8:24am
Try a truck supply or brake shop , they may be able to reline your old ones.
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Dave A View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 9:03am

take them down to a heavy equipment dealer. See if he can match them up. I'll call the shop down the road on Thursday and see if they can get them. See if they have a casting number on them.  For the wheel cylinder take the cups down to the a auto parts dealer they can match them up. If needed, Let me know I can send you a pic and part numbers brake down for the brake assembly.  Try this web site www.durabrake.com/literature/Rockwell%20Interchange.pdf 

Also call thease guys Schaefer enterprises 618-833-5498 or 1-800-626-6046

Edited by Dave A - 12 Dec 2010 at 7:19pm
Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game.
Winston Churchill
MarcDes View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcDes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 10:36am
Thanks for the information . My problem is that on the right side wheel there is a drum and seals but no brake harware at all . Hence I need a set of brake shoes for the right side . Also need the pins , wheel cylinder , springs , etc . best bet would be to find a used backhoe being torn down .
any help is appreciated .
Marc
Dave A View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2010 at 9:26pm
Marc, Here is a contact for the Allis industrial parts. They  seem to have contacts for hard to find Allis parts. They have help me out a couple of times, and the prices are fare.  Swiderski Equipment 715-693-0821 (WI) If you need a parts diagram and a parts number listing, I can post it

Edited by Dave A - 25 Dec 2010 at 9:27pm
Winston Churchill
duramax-rob View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duramax-rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 9:28am
I kon't know if you found your brake parts yet, but the whole rear Axle is a rockwell and they made them for the military 5 ton military trucks.   The backing plate and all the hardware and wheel cylinders are 5 ton.  I got the wheel cylinders from napa and military surplus.  Have to just check pricing at the military surplus stores.  I just bought the whole backing plate including shoes and hardware for $225.  I also have an 816 and the shop manual and parts manual and operators manuals.   If you want, I would appreciate a call cause I have a few questions on my hoe.  417-274-four-three-four-three,  I don't trust spammers.

duramax-rob  (Rob)
backhoejoe View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backhoejoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 6:52pm
hi i recently bought an 816 allis backhoe and i was wandering if anybody can tell me about the clutch linkage the pedle is just fopping around its not hooked up too anything and has no holes for somthing to hook up too any suggestions?
duramax-rob View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duramax-rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 12:09pm
The clutch pedal just pushes against the inching valve on the forward reverse case at the top when push in (engaged).  Just hook a return spring to hold up the pedal even with the brake pedal.  Can take pictures tomorrow if needed.

duramax-rob
backhoejoe View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backhoejoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 8:28pm
thanks alot i'll take a second look at it i may need to see pictures i really appreciate it
Steve allis dozer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve allis dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 6:41am

There is a whole rear end on ebay for one at the moment

MikeM View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 7:09pm
I know this is an old post but what model 5 ton has the same brakes I just picked up an 816 runs drives but needs shoes I adjusted but that isn't doing it. Just trying to track down everything I need before ripping apart, also any peticular grease when reinstalling planatery?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic