This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

promised pics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LionelinKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: promised pics
    Posted: 25 Nov 2010 at 2:02pm
Here they are. These are my 2 daughters(8 & 6) and my son(3) sitting on 2 of their Grandpa's(my Dad's) tractors. These are the 2 I pull at the local tractor show when I am able to make it to NY for it. It has been a couple of years so I'm really hoping things will work out next June. BTW-Happy Thanksgiving to all. Now, I think you all will know the 4 things I am most thankful for in my life.
Sponsored Links

roughstock View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roughstock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2010 at 3:37pm
Great pictures. looks like some one has three more tractors he needs to buy. :) Glad the pics posted for you. By the way, what is that red canister on the side of the WD45?
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Brian
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2010 at 3:53pm
When you live above a certain line those become part of your life in the winter.
Engine heaters so the dang things start when the temp gets to a certain point on the old thermometer.
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
roughstock View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roughstock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2010 at 3:59pm
Ok thanks. I could use one of those here in Michigan. I keep my WD in the garage, but it does get pretty cold in there as well.

Brian
David Gibson (OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Gibson (OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2010 at 7:47pm
Good pictures. Thanks for sharing.
David Gibson
http://www.darkecountysteam.com
1956 WD45
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2010 at 7:59pm
A good looken crew, but it looks like you are going to need one more AC.  Taking turns is no fun. So which one will you get? An "A", "B", "C", or maybe a "G"?
Steve M C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2010 at 9:09pm
Looky there!!! An original "working" WD45 with stack wts along with front wheel weights! Grampa has some nice AC's!Be sure that your son ends up with the 45 some day.
Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2010 at 11:52am
Hey Lionel, I just realized that you're the Lambert from Sharon Springs, NY!
I didn't know you had moved to KY!! I remember the WD-45 with the front weights at the SunnyCrest tractor shows.Good to see you're posting here yet.
LionelinKY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LionelinKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 10:31pm
Don't worry folks. I did state these were 2 of my Dad's tractors. He still has 5. Parked out back sits my grandpa's WD-the only one bought brand new. She still runs but desperately needs a rebuild. I hope to be the next owner of these 3 which all worked our farm and restore them one day. My dream is to see them how they looked back when Grandpa first bought them. The WD has never been opened up while the WD45 was last rebuilt around the same time I was born(early 1970s). The 190XT only requires cosmetic attention as all mechanicals were redone after its farming days so few hours on it since. Hopefully, my son and/or daughters take enough interest after I'm gone so that all 3 remain in the family even though they don't have the farming connection anymore.
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 11:58am
Isn't it interesting how children - especially Grandchildren - make an old trator look GOOD!
Nice units.  Thanks for sharing.
Good luck!
Bill Long
BennyLumpkin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BennyLumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 3:50pm
what size rear tires are on that WD?
Central PA Allis Express
1934 WC254
1945 WF
1945 WC135755
1951 WD68085
1953 WD45-150217
1957 WD45D-230744D
B110
LionelinKY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LionelinKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 5:59pm
Benny,
The WD45 in the pictures has 16.9x28 rears.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic