This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Someone hijacked my email

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckLuedtkeSEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Someone hijacked my email
    Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 6:29pm
So if anyone has gotten a weird email from me in the last two days, it's not me and I'm sorry.  My father in law laughed when I told him last night and he said it's a good thing that everyone I know hates me as one of the emails said I was kidnapped in England and they wanted a $2000 ransom.  He said, too bad the spammer doesn't know who I really am and that my friend's probably wouldn't even give $20 towards a ransom if I was kidnapped.  LOL

So, if anyone needs to contact me, I can still get my PM's on here until I get my email fixed up.  
1955 WD45 diesel 203322 was my dad's tractor, 1966 D15 23530, 1961 HD3 Crawler 1918, 1966 D17 IV 83495, 1937 WC 41255, 1962 D19 6221
Sponsored Links

Jeff(WD45-SATX-TN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(WD45-SATX-TN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 8:09pm
Chuck

Was probably Tiffany 2010......
1954 WD45 NF "Iron Tater"
Gatz in NE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatz in NE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 9:00pm
ha!

I got one from an old Army bud that got mugged and stranded in Wales.  No wallet, no cell phone, no credit cards, no cash; but he did have his passport (?)

I just about (but not quite) sent him some money to get him out of the jam he and his family were in.

What was curious was that he sent an email....he didn't explain how he accomplished that feat.

Sneaky spammers changed one letter of his email address and I didn't even catch it the first time.

They even had his correct first name, but I knew it was a scam, because I'd always known him by a contraction of his last name; which is usually how buddies in the Army tended to know one another........on the pleasant side, at least.
Osage_Orange View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Osage_Orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 10:06pm
We got one of those Scams a few weeks ago. It named a lady we know, said she was stranded in London, and needed $2,000 to get home.  Lots of clues (choice of words & spelling) in the message tells a true USA country boy the whole thing is counterfeit.  Too much info flying around in emails these days.
Why is there never time to do it right the first time, but always time to go back and fix it?
JohnThomas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnThomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 6:30am
Mine hijacked too...I reported it to moderator
Tiffany 2010
Life is short...Make haste to be kind
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic