This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pressure regulator 6080

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowtooe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pressure regulator 6080
    Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 2:24pm
Has anyone ever tried to add spacers to the hydraulic pump relief valve to try and raise the operating pressure of the steering.(I have an early model 6080,which has the valve incorporated into the pump itself.) It seems to me that the pump has to be removed in order to do this.. Seems as though the opening is on the back side of the pump, next to the block.. I have tested the pressure down at the cyl on the axle .On one side I have 1250 PSI. on the other I have 1350 PSI. I am having trouble turning one way.. The book calls for the relief valve to open up between 1400 and 1600. Or do I have a problem in my steering valve
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 7:51pm

I don't think that's your problem....that far away from the pump there will be some reduction in pressure. If it takes that much pressure to turn the front wheels without a loader on it....how much pressure will it take with a loader in the mud?? I had a 7000 one time that had several holes inside the orbitrol that were plugged with rubber and teflon bits and pieces from an apparent hyd cylinder failure from an implement that went thru the hyd pump and got stuck in the orbitrol. If you are sure the front spindles are well greased and not causing excessive drag, I'd look inside the orbitrol sleeves for blockage of some kind. If you haven't ever had one apart, be careful, because if you reassemble it out of "time", the steering wheel will spin when you start the engine and break your arm.

rowtooe View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowtooe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 8:26pm
When you say the orbital sleeve, You mean inside  the steering control valve? You think that it might just have to be cleaned? I have a John Deere skidder that spins the steering wheel when you start it..It is dangerous..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic