This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mechanic's creeper...what to buy?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mechanic's creeper...what to buy?
    Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 3:57pm
Looking for a quality creeper that doesn't cost as much as a used car.Have a concrete floor so I don't need an "off road" version.Kind of like the low slung ones where the wheels are set in a raised hump.I know Snap On has 'em but is there a better value for the quailty?I get tired of the farm store cheapie not letting me go the direction I want to go!LOL
Sponsored Links

powertech84 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powertech84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 4:12pm
I have one of those hard plastic ones and really like it. The steel frame with paded cushion standard creepers always end up bent, or rotted or torn. The plastic is nice because if it gets oil on it, i can just pressure wash it. Mines a snap on and it cost around a $100, but the exact same thing can be bought at most auto parts stores for half that.
R Aiken View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R Aiken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 4:18pm
I have 2 of the old wood or wood and steel, with iorn rollers that I got at an auction. The going price at auction is $1 if they put $2 of something else with it.
Gary in da UP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in da UP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 4:31pm
I bought a Mac moulded creeper with 6 casters 30 years ago for around $85 and still use it . But I am thriftier than Richard ...my first choice is usually a big piece of cardboard.
Roddo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 5:46pm
I bought one off the Mac truck with an adjustable headrest for about $75.  It has nice vinyl  pads that clean up easy and take the abuse I give it. (I am a truck mechanic and I kick the sh*t out of it on a daily basis.

Im pretty sure that the Mac guy said the wheels are covered by the warranty so thats a plus too. 
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 6:48pm
I have one of those plastic "Jeepers Creeper" from Lisle Tool co. It's one of those low slug ones. It's been run over a time or two without any damage. You ought to be able to find one at your local Napa.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic