This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fall is for firewood'en

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fall is for firewood'en
    Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 8:35pm
And a plus is we get to run the tractors some. The D-19 on our homebuilt processor/splitter. We can cut/split  up to 25" right on the machine but anything over 25" we saw up with the big irons, they are fun to run too, and use the log lift to put the rounds up on the splitter. The WD is on easy duty shuffling splits to the shed. We usualy back up the shed but are into a corner for the last few loads thus the double handling. Light was bad with bright sunlight and shadows sorry.
Sponsored Links

TedBuiskerN.IL. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TedBuiskerN.IL. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 9:13pm
Hey Butch, how do you like the narrow front on the 19?  I have a D17D narrow front I'm thinking of putting on my LP19.  There's only a few inches difference in height, and it looks like it will bolt up.
Most problems can be solved with the proper application of high explosives.
David Gibson (OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Gibson (OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 9:20pm
Great pictures Butch. Thanks for sharing.
David Gibson
http://www.darkecountysteam.com
1956 WD45
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 9:22pm
We like it a lot Ted. Our barn space is tight and so is the shop and the narrow fronts help that situation a lot. Plus it gives the '19 a sassy look I think? We miss the weight from the bolster only when pulling 4-16. We have the weights now but need to get a set of mountings for them. I have seen D-19s wiith 17 pedistals and its obvious. A person would think they are 6" shorter but the are not. Doesnt look terrible or anything just short, you wont clear larger tires like these 9.5Ls on the shorter one I dont think

GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 9:29pm
Butch, that's a great setup for making wood. What is that red Power Unit in the back of the second pic? A Herc or Wauk? Could you possible post a couple of pics of it? TIA
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine." - Mark Twain
ChuckLuedtkeSEWI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckLuedtkeSEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 10:38pm
Butch, I see you got the new splitting rig working.   What did you end up doing with the old one.   You should put a video of that thing together and up on here.   Looks like a really awesome unit.  
1955 WD45 diesel 203322 was my dad's tractor, 1966 D15 23530, 1961 HD3 Crawler 1918, 1966 D17 IV 83495, 1937 WC 41255, 1962 D19 6221
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by GBACBFan GBACBFan wrote:

Butch, that's a great setup for making wood. What is that red Power Unit in the back of the second pic? A Herc or Wauk? Could you possible post a couple of pics of it? TIA
It's a Hercules IXLB5. Here is a pic when it was under construction
GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 12:16pm
Thanks, Butch.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine." - Mark Twain
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic