This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SNOW

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell G (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SNOW
    Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 9:37am
Just measured and we have about 8" on the ground and it's supposed to snow all day yet.  Winter arrived with a fury last evening.  anyone else getting any of this pretty stuff? I head on TV that we are in the middle of the heaviest band of snow with this storm, and we are about 60 miles west of Minneapolis.
Sponsored Links

AllisFreak MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 9:43am
No sign of the white stuff here in west central Minnesota (about 70 miles east of Fargo,ND). I guess it's that time of year already? What happened to summer??
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 9:46am
No cursing on the forum!
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 9:58am
Please just keep it up there!!!!!!! I'm not ready to push the danged stuff.
Don
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 10:01am
Here in East  MN by the WI border , along I 94 we have 3" or so now on the ground, as well as inch or 2 setting on the tree branches. Little while back you could see where it had melted down on drive but now full landscape is turning white.
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
JohnThomas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnThomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 10:12am
I saw that coming this early AM to you in NW Minn. I was going to ask but.....Sorry! We catch up soon in NW Mich. At least your carrots won't freeze now!
Life is short...Make haste to be kind
omahagreg View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omahagreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 10:24am
Omaha got about 3" of HEAVY *&^& before 10 last evening.  Still here this morning, even though it is above freezing.    Coke, how close are you to Wabasha MN?  We stopped there to see the National Eagle Center in October.  Pretty neat place!
Greg Kroeker
1950 WD with wide front and Freeman trip loader
redline View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 10:43am
Aren't there rules about these four letter words on this site?
If it weren't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done!
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 12:16pm
I have been out for several hours in this sweltering 60 degree weather working on my blower tracter getting ready for the stuff, but with 60 degrees in mid November I'm thinking more along the lines of global warming!!!  lol!!!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
jeff n View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeff n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 1:06pm
you can keep it. Its 60 hear.
Rogers View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 1:21pm
You can keep the white stuff up North. It is pretty, but it means it is cold when the snow hits.

It is still in the 70's here in GA. There have been some lows around freezing, or at least in the 30's. According to the news we have been running several degrees below normal, but I imaging snow is months away if it comes at all. We had some last year, so we aren't really due for about 10 years.

Think for yourself and be your own expert. Be willing to change your mind; however, willingness to change your mind doesn’t mean that you will. Blindly following any path is the pinnacle of insanity.
Jim-Ohio View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim-Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 1:24pm

Just got back from the Wapak, Ohio swap meet. About 70 degrees & sunny. I can see the cold weather coming our way on the radar.

chevytaHOE5674 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chevytaHOE5674 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 2:09pm
Got a couple of inches and its still coming down. Tis the season I suppose. 
Doug northern IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug northern IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 2:12pm
i got nothing but rain all day
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 2:13pm
You guys keep that white stuff down there!!  Nice sunny day here in sunny Alberta, and I have been out on the 'B' for a while. I may harrow my small field one more time just to keep the weeds down.
David Gibson (OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Gibson (OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 3:34pm
Went to the auction in Greenville, Ohio and was walking around in shirt sleeves.
David Gibson
http://www.darkecountysteam.com
1956 WD45
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 5:31pm
My wife, daughter, and I made a snow family of three. We also made a snow castle for them.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 5:36pm
Let us see pictures of Mr and Mrs Frosty and their new home.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Larry B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 5:59pm
here in west central iowa we got 10", 25-30mph wind real heavy stuff enough  for the rest of winter.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 8:12pm
Somebody close the barn door. It has already dropped too far in temp and the wind has been blowing all day. I want to go back to the 60's in the day time and no lower than 40 at night. I guess I might have to move south for a few months.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 8:27pm
Darrell, your doing a good job of keeping it down your direction, we don't have more than an inch so far.
Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 4 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker
Larry(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 10:22pm
70 here in Shreve, OH today,  hopefully it stays like this
'40 WC puller,'50 WD puller,'50 M puller '65 770 Ollie

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

I can explain it to you, BUT I cannot understand it for you!!
Steve M C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 10:32pm
Doug,send that rain downstate!Had just 2ths.Dry and hard down here.No real rain since 1st of Sept.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 10:38pm
Today was a chilly day at the Farmers Market.  We extended it two weeks because of such a great fall.  Maybe 40 but sunny about half the time.  Last Sat. it was 77 and we were complaining about it being too hot and dry.  Got less then an inch of snow in the last week.
Strange weather.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Eric[IL] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric[IL] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 8:54am

Bring on the snow!!!  The winter wheat in our area needs it.  Quite a bit of the seed has not germed because it too dry.   A good 10" snow would allow the wheat to germ & grow somewhat under its insulating mass.  The ground temp is still high enough to do just that. 

Justin Widlund (IA) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justin Widlund (IA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 10:38am
I'm heading to Ida Grove IA after dinner with the generator.  My father-in-law has been without power for over a day because of the 10+ incher. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic