This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

220 with big load

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike NEIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 220 with big load
    Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 5:11pm
Moved my brothers house trailer for him today. Heres dad pulling and brother trying to hold down the front end.
Sponsored Links

cwhit View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwhit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 5:59pm
I think your brother needs a bigger house.  lol.
omahagreg View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omahagreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 6:03pm
I figured that was what he was doing up on the hood LOL! 
Greg Kroeker
1950 WD with wide front and Freeman trip loader
enosd21 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enosd21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 6:06pm
amos!!!!! that looks like a beast.
enosd21 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enosd21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 6:08pm
you guys should have seen the drawbar!!!  freaked me out!
cwhit View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwhit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 6:19pm
Are we still talking about the tractor ?
Brad(WI) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 6:53pm
I never realized they were that heavy until a few years ago when our hired hand borrowed my cousins 190xt to move one a few feet.  It squatted the tires flat and bent the drawbar.  Never did move it.
roughstock View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roughstock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 7:11pm
The caption in my head,

"Well, she told us not to go to the bar. We promised we wouldn't leave the house!"

Cool pictures!

Brian
Mike NEIN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike NEIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 7:37pm

Good one Brian, my thoughts were lets take our new motor home to the tractor pulls.Lol.

Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 7:49pm
Ya buncha hilljacks, I missed out on some fun LOL.

Many people have had their eyes opened when they hooked a farm tractor to a house trailer. Kinda makes a guy wonder when he sees them going down the 4 lane at 70 MPH on them skinny 'lil tars dont it?
dbounds View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 8:00pm
I moved a 14 X 65 footer once with the 190 and the front had weights but still turned it with the brakes and when done had to look for a new drawbar.  I didn't realize how heavy they are.  Doyle
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 8:43pm
Ya'll bring my house back right now dangit!!! I knew I shoulda put in the tie downs!! LOL!
I didn't do it! It was a short, fat, tall, skinny guy that looked like me!
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 8:46pm
I thought that was redneck gps on the hood.
Mike NEIN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike NEIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 8:59pm
I didn't realize how heavy they were either. we wraped a chain around the drawbar to the 3 pointand it still bent down quite a bit but it came back up when we got done.
enosd21 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enosd21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 7:34am
that's the best lookin gps i have ever seen. lol
Nathan (SD) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan (SD) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 9:11am
My 1984 16 x 80 had 3000 lbs tongue weight. Checked it with a forklift that had a scale .Pulled it home with a Chevy C50.  Maybe some are balanced better than others?
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 11:29am
I have moved a couple with my HD5G , worked great as could maneuver around better than tractor or truck as turning radius was next to nothing.  Most were coming out of places where trees had grown up or they had set for few years and a new house had been built.
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
fastallis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fastallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 4:33pm
That's a good looking two twenty. What is your location in North east Indiana mike?
Mike NEIN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike NEIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 8:57pm

Thanks fastallis, I'm in Rome City, where you from in North east Indiana?

fastallis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fastallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 5:35am
LaOtto,  You got to be MIke Mast ! Next year they might have a stock farm class a LaOtto you should bring it down and pull Your beast against Our 220 and 210. Either that or get those two in the same field chisel plowing, That would be a good picture! Where did you find that two twenty?
     How did your crops do this year?

Dan LaRowe

Jim Lindemood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Lindemood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 7:37am
Interesting use for tractor. Looks like it got the job done. Novel front weight - LOL
Mike NEIN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike NEIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 8:34am
Hey Dan,that would make a great picture. let me know about the pull that would be fun to show the red and green who's boss..

Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic