This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

plugs and plug reading

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: plugs and plug reading
    Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 2:20pm
seams to be alot of questions about plugs . so i pulled this plug out of my puller . its the number 3 plug to give some a  idea of what i think a plug should look like.
I blued the timing mark so it would show up in the picture . It will actually look to you as a faint blue line just like when you heat a piece of metal barwith a torch  and it cools where the heat stops it draws a blue line this is the same on the plug. notice the metal body is colored all the way around and is not black and stops at the second thread. the actual fuel mark on the ceramic is up in the plug I will cut the metal body off to show it latter . Maybe it will show up in the pic.
Sponsored Links

mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 2:29pm
to much timming moves the blue line down to the weld . not enough timming moves the line toward  the end of the strap .Correct timing line should be in the appex of the 90.  Always read plug at full throttle with no to verry little idle. 

Edited by mlpankey - 05 Nov 2010 at 2:29pm
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 2:58pm
When it come to spark plugs I rely on my wife Dixie.

Three Saturdays ago I was trying to get my old chainsaw to run when she came out to call me to eat. She took one look at me yanking on the rope several and said its the spark plug. I said I checked it twice and it has good spark. She said it is always the spark plug come on in and eat. I went to tow the next day and bought a new spark plug and spent under two dollars and when I got home and put it in, it ran like a new saw.

mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 2:59pm
sound like she is a good mechanic
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic