This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wrong Color: Dad's JD Hay Wagon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie (KY) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wrong Color: Dad's JD Hay Wagon
    Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 9:23am
Here's some pics of the hay wagon that Dad rebuilt. I routed in the leaping deer and lettering but I'm not sure how it will show up in the pics. It was taken down to the metal and repainted. It has new bearings an matching tires all the way around. New wood all the way through as well. What do you guys think?

Just when I thought I was finishing my "honey-do-list", she turned the page!!!
Sponsored Links

David Gibson (OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Gibson (OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 9:35am
Nice looking wagon. Good job.
David Gibson
http://www.darkecountysteam.com
1956 WD45
Jamie (KY) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie (KY) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 9:39am
I'll give it this... it's the straightest pulling wagon that I've ever pulled. It will pull at any speed and you never know it's behind you.
Kev Card View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev Card Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 10:51pm

real nice job i realy like the tail board Kev

RC,WC,2 C'S,WD45,185 ,618 LT

If it's orange and rusty Mary don't trust me
Roddo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 6:44am
Originally posted by Jamie (KY) Jamie (KY) wrote:

I'll give it this... it's the straightest pulling wagon that I've ever pulled. It will pull at any speed and you never know it's behind you.

Is it a John Deere running gear?  My dad has a Deere gear under a gravity box.  You can do 60mph and it wont sway. 
Jamie (KY) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie (KY) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 8:07am
Originally posted by Roddo Roddo wrote:

Originally posted by Jamie (KY) Jamie (KY) wrote:

Is it a John Deere running gear?  My dad has a Deere gear under a gravity box.  You can do 60mph and it wont sway. 
It is a JD running gear. I need to get the numbers off of the tag to figure out exactly what it is. The main bridge that gaps the north and south side of the county was out for maintenance and everybody had to go around on the parkway. That baby ran at 75mph and never knew it was back there pulling it with a little Jeep Liberty. We didn't go but a few miles, but that thing pulls better than our new gooseneck!
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 8:11am
in spite of the color....looks mighty good and you did a good job on your routing/painting/lettering
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic