This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any Snowbirds heading south? Need a ride.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any Snowbirds heading south? Need a ride.
    Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 9:17pm
I need a favor if any of you happen to be travelling south close to Ashley Pennsylvania. I have a #4 AC 2 bottom trailer plow that I would love to get at least a little closer to Elberton GA. If there is anyone coming this way, please PM me. I will be happy to compensate you for any trouble. I wouldn't mind going to PA to visit, but just really don't have time right now. If anyone was coming as close as NC, SC, or AL, I would be happy to drive that far to get it. Maybe someone around there wouldn't mind holding on to it unti lI could come over to get it? Thanks for any help. Dream. 
I didn't do it! It was a short, fat, tall, skinny guy that looked like me!
Sponsored Links

Murph-NC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murph-NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 10:07pm
Dream, you're welcome to have it dropped here if it helps... just two miles off I-40, near Hickory, NC.
morton(pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morton(pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 10:15pm
If anyone is coming down through PA but won't be going any further, it's more then welcome to be stored at my place in Lancaster. From 81, take the pine grove exit and catch 501 south to lititz/Lancaster.
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 6:49am

the plow is just 1 mile off I-81 southbound, Exit 165.

Easy on/off. I can help load.

Would fit in the back of a pickup....

I wish I were going south where it is warmer too!  LOL
Harvey/pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey/pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 9:04am

Awww Glenn, just hook that cute little trailer to that cute little gas sipping car, Jeep isn't it, and bring that plow this far at least. I'm sure there is a hot dog in it for you, not to mention some pretty good company. I can get it as far as Harrisonburg, Va. can anyone get it farther south from there?...Harvey

Dream, we can only do & afford so much,but don't put off something you want to do too long. I just had another "wake up call" & stress & work will still be here when we are not! Just a thought, THANKS

Lance/SC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lance/SC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 9:30am
Dream, I could meet someone in the Columbia SC area if that would help.
I-26/I-77/I-95/I-20.
You could pick it up on one of your trips to Columbia.
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 7:53pm
Harvey,

Maybe I'll have to bring it down when Fred has the grand opening of the new showroom. I had figured on bringing an empty trailer down that day anyway............ LOL

If Dream is gonna' plow with it next spring, he gonna' need to get some help gettin' it home so he can tinker it before the weather breaks!

Glenn
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 9:37pm
Thanks everybody. I'm not in a huge hurry for it. If I don't get the bottoms in the ground by next spring, there's always the next year. LOL! Glenn just reminded me that some of you might be headed for warmer pastures, and I thought i'd ask. I was kinda thinking about laying by some ground this winter, now that it's finally started to rain(very little), but i'm kinda having fun bush-hogging it right now too. Got to do a little PTO shaft work on the bush-hog. It's almost as old as the tractor.

Harvey, I know you're right about taking the time while you still have it. I get caught up in the rat-race like alot of people do. Thing about my line of work is it's unpredictable. I may be working 20 hours one week, then 80 the next. Just have to roll with it. Definitely want to get up that way one day before I get too old and stove up to ride that far. LOL!

Edited by DREAM - 04 Nov 2010 at 9:38pm
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 9:41pm

Also, Glenn needs the space for more early B parts. LOL!

Made any progress on that yet Glenn?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic