This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Has learned a lesson.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BennyLumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has learned a lesson.....
    Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 3:53pm
....to not sell something I dont really want to sell...my buddy pestered me for quite awhile to sell my WD45 that was in pieces in dads shop....well we're building a house for my sis, flipping another, and Im getting married in April so I figured why not...one less project and I have a good running WC so I sold it to him. Well that was August and here it is November and its STILL in dads shop....he cleaned a bunch of parts, painted them with cheap JLG Hylift paint and thats where it stands....so today, I bought it back.....so the lesson is keep what you like, and dont pay attention to pestering....anyone else have this problem?
Central PA Allis Express
1934 WC254
1945 WF
1945 WC135755
1951 WD68085
1953 WD45-150217
1957 WD45D-230744D
B110
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 4:08pm
Been there...done that,you'ld think we get smarter the older we get, hahaha..

I'm still kicking myself for selling my G last year to pay the taxman.Money's tight,but I should have taken out a loan instead as 3 months later some coins came my way(Feds shut down my energy company 8 years ago..)
It went to a good home, but I still miss it everytime I go to the shop.
Perhaps you should have insisted he take the tractor out of your shop(out of site...out of mind, as the saying goes.)
At the very least, you should have bought it back cheaper(less storage fees,hahaha) and for the 'condition' he turned it into.

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 4:17pm
Got another one, just last month(man, I just DON't learn..).
Stepson just has to have an old motorcycle I have.First $400 cash gets it. So his mother(my wife) pays me.It gets better...Later that night see the bike's gone, I assume he's trailered it home. Next morning, friend says he drove it home with no plate,no insurance,no oil in engine and NO license!!!!(friend had offered his bike hauling trailer) gets even better..2 days later he whines to mama that it leaks oil,bla,bla,bla. So I have to give him back his $400 and he drops off the bike. Gets even better(hard to believe). I go to start it up to put onto roadside to resell and it will NOT start. same friend looks at it, sees that 'he' dropped it. tranny is stuck in gear so neutral switch ain't working....arrrrrrrrghhhhh.....
So, I'm out 400 hard to come by dollars AND have a busted bike......
oh yeah, I forgot about the $40 for the ownership that I had to get again, cause he didn't buy the bike but I had already signed over..

sigh......
go ahead, top this !!!
Jay

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Roddo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 5:08pm
Jay your story sounded familiar.  Your the guy that emailed me about my dads G that had the parts stolen.  I'm pretty sure I told you but it lives again.  Dad drove it in this years heritage tractor drive and it ran like a top, just a little too slow to keep up.

BennyLumpkin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BennyLumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 8:24pm
Well Jay, I repeatedly asked him to get it out of there and he didnt....I did kinda make out because he had most of it sandblasted already, bought a new batt box, front tires, steering wheel, fan, some odds and ends and now Im just trying to talk him out of the wide front end he brought back from Montana....I have some work to do on my dually this weekend but Im still hoping to have it a partially painted rolling chassis by the end of the weekend.....
Central PA Allis Express
1934 WC254
1945 WF
1945 WC135755
1951 WD68085
1953 WD45-150217
1957 WD45D-230744D
B110
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic