This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis crawlers in Italy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis crawlers in Italy
    Posted: 25 May 2024 at 9:58pm
Parked here for the record -

A long while back on a thread here (I don't remember which one) I mentioned that Allis had a factory that made crawlers in Italy.  I've never seen one but a friend got a look at an Allis that he described as "Sort of like a HD 16 but not quite".

I've heard that Allis took over the Vender brand line - on which there is almost no info on the net. I found this

https://www.grays.com/lot/0028-5049143/agriculture-and-tractors/vintage-1950-vender-tracked-crawler-bulldozer

I have a 1970-71 (Oz) Power Farming Technical Annual which has a list of non-current wheel and crawler tractors, brief specs and the year they went non-current (not sure if that is factory or in Oz).  I dug it out and got these -

Model                     Engine HP      Draw bar HP      Gears      Year Non-current

Allis 150H                                       57                       5/5          1964-65

Allis 250H               120                                             4/4          1968 69

(Vender DR80CS3                           75                       5/5          1959-60)

Allis 350                  165                                             5/3          1969 70

(Vender DR150                               120                      5/4          1959-60)

The two Venders have the same bore and stroke as the 250 and 350 and came in the same 4 and 6 cylinders.  The Allis ones were wound up another 200 rpm.

So that might suggest that Allis took over about 1959 and stopped production about 1970.

Edited by Ian Beale - 25 May 2024 at 10:02pm
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2024 at 10:37pm
I did not know that about Italy... But ALLIS had a deal with ENGLAND to build the B farm tractor which later morfed into the ED40 and 270 ...... Also they sold "KITS" to Korea about 1960 for them to build Crawler Tractors ( i think).... Most of these were not IMPORTED back to the US.. They would have been sold in Asia / Aussie and maybe Europe.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2024 at 11:03pm
Steve

There was a bloke here in Oz that was importing Allis components from Korea - IIRC mainly HD 16 stuff.  

Still brings in  complete Komatsu and Fiat Allis machines.  I vaguely recall that he couldn't bring in complete Allis machines.

Edited by Ian Beale - 25 May 2024 at 11:04pm
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2024 at 9:19am
I think that was the case in Korea also....  Their GOVT required some "local content" in machines, so ALLIS shipped "KITS" and they were assembled in Korea and they probalby made the sheetmetal parts , etc.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
ecosse23 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecosse23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2024 at 6:42am
Interesting, there don't appear to be any entries about Vender in CH Wendel's Allis-Chalmers Story, or Norm Swinford's Construction Machinery & Industrial Equipment books, although neither of them have much detail about A-C's foreign acquisitions.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic