This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Randol Farming

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Randol Farming
    Posted: 28 Apr 2024 at 12:03am
Fellows there have been Randols farming in Clarke, Warren, Decatur, and Madison County Iowa since the 1860'S. As far as I know, I am the last one. We are keeping the farm, but my darn back is so bad I cannot do it any longer. I am delivering my farm machinery to our local consignment auction. It will be sold in June. I will keep the 200, my big ol JD disk and my 4 bottom AC plow. I sincerely hate to sell out but I cannot continue. Neighbor is going to put up my hay. Another neighbor has rented mom and dad's farm. I am sincerely going to miss it.
Sponsored Links

dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2024 at 5:57am
I am very sorry to hear that but it is better you made the decision rather than someone else making it for you. Too many guys around hear hang on too long until nothing ( including their pride is left)
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2024 at 6:53am
Happens all round us here. My family heritage farm at Bem south of here is already being parted out as the Daughters of that end of that side of family line sell their deceased Dad’s place.
My family was from Havelka and Branson lines around Owensville MO and date to the late 1800s there. Branson has all but died out as the Havelka line is fast becoming.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2024 at 7:11am
Sad to hear Tom. Give us some details when the auction gets close.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2024 at 7:24am
Sorry to hear that but is an unfortunate reality. As Dr P says, it is at least on your terms
dp7000 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2024 at 11:09am
Very sorry Tom. But I understand. I’m dealing with significant health issues myself and wondering if I can continue. And it looks as though market conditions will make hard for row crop family farms to survive. Thoughts and prayers as you make difficult decisions.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 5:46am
I feel your pain Tom.  It is a sad part of America now, the small family farmer is slowly dying out.  Not too many left around here in Western Wisconsin.  A lot of bigger farms now and a LOT of EMPTY land that WERE farms.  You don't see a lot of milking cows anymore either.
The govt is getting what IT wants.....dependence on THEM.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Mike Plotner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Plotner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2024 at 10:48am
Originally posted by 200Tom1 200Tom1 wrote:

Fellows there have been Randols farming in Clarke, Warren, Decatur, and Madison County Iowa since the 1860'S. As far as I know, I am the last one. We are keeping the farm, but my darn back is so bad I cannot do it any longer. I am delivering my farm machinery to our local consignment auction. It will be sold in June. I will keep the 200, my big ol JD disk and my 4 bottom AC plow. I sincerely hate to sell out but I cannot continue. Neighbor is going to put up my hay. Another neighbor has rented mom and dad's farm. I am sincerely going to miss it.

Might be a dumb thing to ask, but since you're getting out of famring, did you find a young family to rent it out to? Someone that would appreciate the chance to do it, and would probably love for your help when you feel like it?
2001 Gleaner R42, 1978 7060, 1977 7000, 1966 190 XT, 1966 D-17 Series IV and 1952 WD and more keep my farm running!
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2024 at 12:10am
Mike,. Yes we found a younger man and wife to rent it to. We did not charge him the going rate for farm ground here. His Corn last year ran 200 bpa. He seeded cover crop on it, got his cows eating the cover crop.
Dirt Farmer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirt Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2024 at 2:24am
Tom, sorry that you are giving up on gambling er mean farming. Glad you were able to give a young couple a chance to get into farming and working with them on the rent, Im sure they are greatful and actions like that mean more to both parties than words can ever say. Hope they let you run your equipment a little to stay engaged and keep the tractor limbered up. Best wishes on the next chapter of life
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2024 at 4:21am
Sorry to hear Tom but you will find out life goes on and can be beautiful in other ways.
Blue Skies and Tail Winds
                          Dana
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic