This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Talking of unwanted visitors.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Talking of unwanted visitors.....
    Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 10:39am
After a morning in church, having lunch with extended family returned home for a quiet afternoon.  Did a few chores like feeding the cats, sat down to the putter to check in here. A funny noise gets my attention to look out the front window.  Several cats are staring at the front door. A coiled rattlesnake right up against the front door. I think it's rattles hit the wooden door to give more of a nock than a rattling noise.

Well, I had to look at my options, the 12 gauge did not seem the right tool.  So plan B the square point shovel seemed the best for the long run, of the house anyway. Well one well placed wake, or was it just a lucky hit ? Anyway it did in the little over 3 foot visitor. Saved the trophy's, and hauled the remains off in to the field.

Then a little contemplation, since with way to many cats. Yes I keep grain hay, cut so there are viable seeds in it. The best bang for the buck for my cows, with the resources here, in my option.  So cats are very useful just that my wonderful wants to pet all of them. So no real amount of snake food real near the house. Why did this "VISITOR" find it's way to my front door.  Did this have some help from the SHENAIGAN master himself?

Well just some random thoughts that brings me to missing our friend Dale and his comments.

I went to take a picture after my nerves settled down an hour latter. Well to late a buzzard had eaten halve of it already.  So I guess it made the buzzards day, as they seem to think giant worms are very taste.
Sponsored Links

thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 10:56am
Yeah... That sounds like Ole Shame Shame to me
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 6:37pm
I would love to read the comments Ole Shameless would put on here about that visitor. He would probably say skin it and cook it on the grill. Sure do miss his posts on here.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 7:38pm
Something interesting popped up in my YouTube feed...

Oh, and the snakes are after the mice, which eat the hay...  

Although, I have never seen speed measured in milliliters, unless it's a measure of how much pee is released...Wink

Edited by DiyDave - 22 Apr 2024 at 7:42pm
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 10:45pm
how many buttons
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 11:51am
It had 10 before they were broken off.  You never see a whole set on any mature snake here, always broken off.
soggybottomboy View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soggybottomboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2024 at 9:52pm
Maybe that snake just wanted a little cat food.
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2024 at 10:06pm
biggest i ever got was eight buttons on about a three foot long rattler
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2024 at 6:49am
You guys lucked out, longest rattle have ever managed to come across was six buttons, and the sixth was busted open.
scott View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 9:25am
I caught a snake back by the chicken hut. Figured I would scare the hens with the snake but oh no... the first hen to the wire snatched it out of my hand and pulled it into the hut... then it was on. The poor snake got 'tug of warred' into snack size bits and consumed by the chickens in a matter of minutes. Chickens running around with inches of snake hanging out their beaks looking for a peaceful corner, but there was none. 
My snake was not a rattler but that might have made it more interesting! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic