This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Finally disced up some fall sod plowing today...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garden_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finally disced up some fall sod plowing today...
    Posted: 14 Apr 2024 at 8:30pm
Plowed up some fresh sod last fall for a pumpkin patch for some of my relatives' kiddos. Just got done discing it up today, took three passes but came out pretty good. I was concerned with how rough the first pass was.

Video:

Pictures:

Edited by garden_guy - 14 Apr 2024 at 8:32pm
Sponsored Links

wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2024 at 9:20pm
Looks like it did well. How wide is that disk?
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 4:41am
JD disc?
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Tom59 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 5:56am
Pretty nice outfit for discing, that patch being fresh ground should turn out a lot of pumpkins for the kids. I do a pumpkin patch about that size for my grandkids.
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 6:21am
Looks good to me!
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 7:20am
Bet that first pass was a rough ride! I disced the sod I plowed on Saturday in the 7045 and that was rough. Looks good
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 7:41am
Looks good, watched the video yesterday evening. It popped up on my 'feed'.
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 1:17pm
Enjoyed the video. Sounds a lot like my D 15.
garden_guy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garden_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 4:46pm
wjohn -- I think it's an 8 footer? I'll have to measure one of these days.

DiyDave -- Yeah, I think it's a KBA or something similar to that? Seems to do a nice job.

Tom59 -- I'm hoping the weather holds out, but the soil seems like it should work good for it!

pummerscarin -- Oh yeah that first pass over was brutal. Got bounced up and down and the front wheels wouldn't go where I wanted to steer them, and the disc wasn't tracking straight. After that though, we were home free!

IBWD Mike -- Glad to see I'm on some peoples distribution lists for videos!!

ACinSC -- Thanks!! I've got a probably 40 year old Nelson muffler with a side seam blowout and another piece of pipe on top to limp me along, she's got a nice purr.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic