This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disc harrow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disc harrow
    Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 2:02pm
Mine has no disc scrapers like some. I just knock the dirt/clay buildup off . Guess that's about all I can do?? Any other ideas? Thanks

Edited by ACinSC - 07 Apr 2024 at 2:04pm
Sponsored Links

Daehler View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daehler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 4:11pm
What model do you have?
8070FWA,7080 BlackBelly, 7045,2 200s,D19,D17,G, WD,45,UC,7 AC mowers and lots more!
"IT TAKES 3 JD's TO OUT DO AN ALLIS, 2 TO MATCH IT IN THE FIELD AND 1 FOR PARTS!"
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 4:14pm
Sorry, it's not an Allis disc harrow. Can't remember the name brand. Thanks
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 4:52pm
Wait until the soil is dryer? Are the disk’s ‘straight cut’ or is the disk gang angled? Maybe change angle?
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 4:56pm
Loop of barbed wire from the axle to the frame, wherever there ain't a bearing in the way...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 5:00pm
Thanks guys, I think Lars hit the nail on the head. Our place is mostly sand and it seems to disc better when it's kinda wet.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 8:31pm
All kinds of ways to skin this critter. Just depends how bad you want to do it.

1 Use barbwire as suggested.
2 Old roller chain works well last a lot longer than wire.
3 Advertise for scrapers that fit you model disc.
4 Beg, borrow, or buy steel and start building. I have built scrapers not all that hard.

Without scraper on my disces I would never get anything done most years.

ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 9:12pm
Thanks Dave and Ray! Wire or chain sounds doable.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2024 at 6:39am
I used some flat chain for a while. Yeah, it doesn’t scrape right into the concave but prevents the whole space from clogging up, works pretty well.
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2024 at 6:48am
Buy disc with scrapers and sell current disc.
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2024 at 8:14am
Thanks guys for the suggestions!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic