This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paint Codes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J. Larsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paint Codes
    Posted: 05 Apr 2024 at 7:12pm
Just have a couple of questions.
1. I got on the tech forum and found AC Paint codes.
a.  I'm guessing that persian orange #1 would be correct for a WD45.
2.  Is there a specific silver color that is used on the wheels?  I seen something called "Silver Mist".  Is that a real color for AC?
Thanks,
JL

Sponsored Links

WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 6:03am
Persian Orange 1 (PO1) is correct for a WD45 (although I personally prefer PO2).

There are a lot of different paints that have been used on rims. Originally, they were galvanized. I have used Rust Oleum Cold galvanizing compound or Rust Oleum Argent Silver for rims.

Edited by WF owner - 06 Apr 2024 at 6:04am
J. Larsen View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J. Larsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 10:43am
It looks to me, that the P02 is a little brighter orange.  Where I'm not painting the whole tractor, just the wheel centers and the rims, I'm trying to match the rest of the tractor.  It sounds like there is not a specific color for the rims.  I appreciate the reply.  It was fun getting all of the eccentric housings freed up and operating again.  I hope that it wasn't just the rust inside the eccentrics that was keeping the wheels tight, and that they will continue to operate as designed.
Thanks,
JL
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 10:53am
I like the Rust-oleum spray, coats nice and even

Edited by JoeM(GA) - 06 Apr 2024 at 11:11am
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 12:09pm
Joe, is that the Rustoleum galvanized? I used that on my 7040 rims.
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 6:56pm
yes it is
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 10:59pm
PO 2 is prettier but 1 is correct for a 45.
55allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 55allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 11:11pm
I use Tallmans aluminum paint, looks sharp and bright but not too bright like chrome.
I also paint all my bolts too with that….
1955 AC WD45 diesel with D262 repower, 1949 AC WD45
J. Larsen View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J. Larsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 9:52am
What are you using to mask the tires?
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 12:38pm
Hey Joe!  That looks like a G rim......!   LOL!   I use Dupli-color's textured Silver. Looks a lot like Joe's wheel when dry. Also fills in some of those pesky rust pockets in the rim and makes the wheel look smoother. In NJ, the rust worm can get pretty harsh sometimes...
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2024 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by J. Larsen J. Larsen wrote:

I use LOTS of masking tape (blue) and newspaper.  It's a tedious job, but.......
The 45 color is kind of a drab orange, but that is correct.  The correct color is WHAT YOU LIKE!!  It's YOUR tractor.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
55allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 55allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2024 at 7:59am

Here’s my 45 with Persian 1 orange, aluminum color rims, and rust oleum almond white.
1955 AC WD45 diesel with D262 repower, 1949 AC WD45
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2024 at 8:33am
Originally posted by Steve in NJ Steve in NJ wrote:

Hey Joe!  That looks like a G rim......!   LOL!   I use Dupli-color's textured Silver. Looks a lot like Joe's wheel when dry. Also fills in some of those pesky rust pockets in the rim and makes the wheel look smoother. In NJ, the rust worm can get pretty harsh sometimes...
Steve@B&B

Steve, you know it's a G rim at my house!

I have a stack of old file folders cut to the rim radius, just let the air out, pull the bead down a bit and slide them in, that galvanized spray even self heals if I scratch or bump one. Even if you touch them up, in about a month, you can't tell where it was

41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
rasman57 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rasman57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2024 at 8:34am
Originally posted by J. Larsen J. Larsen wrote:

I discovered the deck of cards method for the tire/rim area and it worked well for me.  Place the cards right in the seam next to each other and you are good to go.  Don't use the family heirloom antique cards.       I found cards are way cheaper than tape and even I can set em in and not miss a spot.
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2024 at 11:33am
persian orange 1 is  a prettey color when it shines
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic