This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Did a little plowing the other day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjarosz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did a little plowing the other day
    Posted: 04 Apr 2024 at 6:29pm
Had a couple of acres of alfalfa to plow down and luckily I got done before heavy rains hit that night. Not much wind so I tried to get some photos of the black cloud from the 7060
Sponsored Links

captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2024 at 7:40pm
Wow A beautiful job plowing in beautiful dirt and beautiful conditions!
Blue Skies and Tail Winds
                          Dana
rms61moparman(Ky) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rms61moparman(Ky) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2024 at 9:10pm
Wish I could have been there for that!
Two of my favorite things are watching hay fall and watching the earth turn over!!!

Mike
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2024 at 9:48pm
That is a very straight furrow. Great job plowing. Love the 7000 series’ tractors furrow view lower front window.
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2024 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by AC7060IL AC7060IL wrote:

That is a very straight furrow. Great job plowing. Love the 7000 series’ tractors furrow view lower front window.
What AC7060IL said. What a straight and true job of plowing. Also AC7060IL, that is a beautiful late model 7000 series seat you have pictured there. 
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2024 at 4:59pm
Nice job!

I could never figure out how you guys:
#1 plow so straight.
#2keep plowing so straight.

I did some plowing yesterday, too, but mine was about 6" deep white stuff!

Kiwi View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2024 at 11:10pm
Your making a great job of that ploughing nice to see
Tractors Allis EB,two C,diesel G
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 5:58am
re: #s 1 and 2...

You look waaaaaayyyyyy down to the end of the field ! That WILL keep you on the straight and narrow.

Now the guy I'm super impressed with is the farmer who planted corn in a picture years ago,they were ALL lined up,soldier style, look n, s e,w, ne,sw,ne,nw and they were in PERFECT alignment.
Done decades before 'computers' and GP and 'electronic' help was even thought of......
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
bigal121892 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal121892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 8:20am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

re: #s 1 and 2...

You look waaaaaayyyyyy down to the end of the field ! That WILL keep you on the straight and narrow.

Now the guy I'm super impressed with is the farmer who planted corn in a picture years ago,they were ALL lined up,soldier style, look n, s e,w, ne,sw,ne,nw and they were in PERFECT alignment.
Done decades before 'computers' and GP and 'electronic' help was even thought of......

I assume you are talking about someone who was using a check planter?
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 10:32am
Whether plowing, chiseling or working ground. It takes EFFORT to keep it straight. My help starts out straight but after awhile it turns into a curve. No GPS here so it's up to the operator. It's not rocket science.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic