This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

190xt 3pt leveling arms

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derouchiet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 190xt 3pt leveling arms
    Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 6:45pm
Hello. I've got a recently purchased 190xt and the 3pt hitch leveling arms are seized. I would like to remove them but I'm not certain how you get the top pins out of the lift arm. It's unlike any other leveling arm I've ever seen. It's a ball socket with what appears to be 2 fixed nipples that slide into the yoke on the lift arm. Anyone with experience on these? A little advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links

Don Jr NY View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don Jr NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2024 at 3:45am
Welcome to the forum. Where in NY are you from? I'm in Waterloo in the finger Lakes area. There is a collar that slides into the hole on each side of the yoke over those fixed pins on the arm. They should be held in place with a small lynch pin. Remove the pin and then remove the collars and the arm will come out of the yokes. Those collars can be rusted in and will take some patience. Good luck.  Don Jr.
Macon Rounds View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2024 at 3:57am
I assume the threads are what is seized....
If that is the case. No need to remove vertical arm. Just heat the bottom portion of the lift arm which acts as the nut, and once it is cherry red all the way around. Use a BIG pipe wrench to turn the top portion and loosen those threads.

If you do decide to "try" to remove the assembly, which i do NOT recomend. you will still need to heat it cherry red to loosen threads...

FYI: Disassbling the top portion will still not let you remove the lift arm....

Edited by Macon Rounds - 04 Apr 2024 at 4:15am
The Allis "D" Series Tractors, Gravely Walk behind Tractors, Cowboy Action Shooting !!!!!!! And Checkmate
Nathan (SD) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan (SD) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2024 at 2:54pm
There are roll pins through the threaded rod at the end of the threads. They need to be removed to fully thread it apart.
Derouchiet View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derouchiet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2024 at 3:43pm
I'm in St lawrence County. Potsdam area to be exact. Thanks for the reply. Sounds like I'll be getting the oxy fuel torch fired up.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2024 at 4:26pm
Welcome to the AC forum. I'm only about 30 miles from you.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2024 at 8:25pm
When you do get the threads loose.
Like Nathan said.
There are roll pins in the male threaded part that must be accessed thru the lower portion of the lift arm.
I remove the roll pin and install jam nuts on the lift arm threads....
That way the threads don't work on each other as you are using 3 point equip
The Allis "D" Series Tractors, Gravely Walk behind Tractors, Cowboy Action Shooting !!!!!!! And Checkmate
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2024 at 8:51pm
Here is a 3 point assembly I recently Sold. I loosened the frozen threads....
As you can see by the torch marks.

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2024 at 8:55pm
I sent the jam nuts with the unit .
And
Had to replace one of the crank handles.
A royal PIA !!!
When you think you have it hot enough to punch out the roll pin, heat it more.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic