This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cooling system on WC and carb HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jshoemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cooling system on WC and carb HELP!
    Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 10:16am
I am about done with my WC restoration and have a couple real tiny leaks in the area between the water manifold and the thermostat housing and the back plate of the water pump.  The water pump is new, all gaskets are new, etc...  Would some radiator filler products help stop those leaks?  Also the carb is dripping a bit from the bottom pitcock and the post in the back of the carb.  Anything I can do there?  The carb was not rebuilt becasue it was in full working order.  Does it need new seals or something to stop this?  Thanks for all the help.
Sponsored Links

CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 4:59pm
If I remember right, The therm housing is tin. If that isn't flat to start with it would probably leak. Also the cast face on the manifold needs to be clean and flat. There is nothing like a good file and a light touch to see how flat these surfaces are. If the tin isn't flat it can be lightly hammered back into shape. If the water pump is new it shouldn't leak. If it is a rebuild, somebody got sloppy putting it back together. The same conditions apply to it. Surfaces need to be flat in a free state and not over torqued should not leak.
 There is a sintered plug in the bottom of the carb that is there to let liquid weep out. If your float sticks it should weep out there. The plug in the bottom I believe is a ntp thread and should not leak if snugged up. If you have a petcock in the bottom of the carb, I would take it out and replace it with a pipe plug. Most petcocks That I have seen can be tightened up. The valve is on a taper and there should be a nut on the back side to snug up.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic