This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snow is melting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snow is melting
    Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 7:40pm
I can actually see the top of the dog house. I finally got my mail box dug out and received mail on Wed. I do not know what is going on outside, since it has been so cold I have let both dogs inside. Yes they are house broke. The Great Pyr is totally acting crazy. I have never seen him like this before. I need to go out to the van and get 3 prescriptions I left on the seat. I'm afraid if I open the door the Pyr, he, is going to rip it off getting out of the house.
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 7:50pm
Well the inch or so of snow that fell a week or so back is now melted , leaves on lawn and can see all the sins of not getting cleanup of yard back in Nov showing up . 
  No snow and so far this year I plowed the church lot on a Friday night after that last snow as was a funeral on Saturday and they wanted lot clean . 
 So nothing before or since to even plow or shovel . 
Only problem is the muddy feet of the dog and having to wipe it's feet after it being out . 
 Last year at this time I had piles of snow over 8ft high at church and had to use the AC 715 backhoe loader to stack it higher and move it as skid loader would not move it anymore . This year plowed lot in 2 wheel drive on truck - seems again something went wrong with 4 wheels system 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 7:54pm
Been raining here on and off this week, highs in the 50’s.
A couple sunny days, I’ll have to chase the lawn mower around parts of the yard.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
KJCHRIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCHRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 12:55am
I got bored & went to my farm today, lane is still blocked but a lot of bare ground showing in fields around there, between Exit 40 & 46 on I-80. 
  Still no ground showing near Sx C, but snow been shrinking fast the last 3 days. 
AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 6:38am
Our foot of snow is gone. 52 degrees yesterday. Sump pump is running every 2 minutes. No sick calves yet but in this weather, it is only a matter of time
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 11:26pm
I actually got out and went for a drive today. About 200 miles. A lot of the snow is gone from the fields. Stopped by the cemetary today visited the old gal, stopped by the home farm today. Lots of memories growing up there.    Stopped by Squalmart. As usual they had 3 cashers covering the whole store. Wait seemed eternal.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 6:10am
It's good to get out and about. Don't understand the their thinking at Walmart but rarely stop in. If anything, shop online and drive up pick up.
Best regards
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 6:40am
49 dayze until SPRING !!!
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 1:21pm
Suppose to get to over 50 F today here , Not a trace of snow and it seems we had 7.5 inches so far this year . 
Couple more days of warmth and I can mulch them leaves I left in yard from last fall .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
KJCHRIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCHRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 10:17pm
I've grass showing in my house yard, it's against house on west & south sides. Temps topped out last 3 days in the low/mid 40's.  Sx City, IA. 
AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 9:40am
It's been well above freezing here ever since the -40 temperatures moved out!  Was 60 degrees here the other day and the trees are all budding out.  Fields are bare. Just the occasional snow patch in the shaded areas.  Warmest Jan/Feb I've ever seen.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 1:28pm
We are at 51 now and most beaultful sunshine I've seen all year. Suppose to stay up in the mids 30 & lot 40s for the next 7 days
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 2:52am
I hate to think about how we're going to pay for this nice stretch of weather!!  We've still got some awful 2 months ahead of us....
And Shamers is gonna wake up one of these days!!

"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 5:29am
We've been very unseasonably warm this week. Couple days ago we hit 60. During the cold snap, less then two weeks ago, the mercury hit minus 30 at one point. 90 degree change in a pretty short time. And that's not throwing any windchill into the mix. Most of our snow is gone. We have about 4 inches of mud now, with frost below it. Darrel
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 5:56am
Two weeks ago here -12, yesterday second highest Feb 1 in recorded weather at 72. Can hardly wait for March!!
Harvey/pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey/pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 10:25am
Relax guys, the big underground rat DID NOT see his shadow this morning so Spring is here...Harvey

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 1:39pm
Oh Harvey!!!

Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2024 at 2:31pm
I just noticed yesterday that the trees are budding out!  WAY EARLY.....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 5:13am
Still have some pretty big drifts between the Dodge and the road but things are looking better every day! Measured the biggest one with a broom handle yesterday, 19". Wonder what it was before the melting? Several parts runs to go on once it can hit the road.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 5:19pm
Saw the first almond blossoms today. This a week to 2 weeks early, but I know I have seen them as early as mid January a time or 2. Of course it has rain hard with wind so no pollination happening today.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic