This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nice folks say odd things

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nice folks say odd things
    Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 9:58pm
At the last Saturday antique Tractor Pull a friendly Deere puller went out of his way to point out to me that in the above 5000# classes no Orange Tractors ever show up to get beat by the 2 cyl Green ones. That was just after a pair of 40s had both  outpulled my CA in 3500 stock. I was at a loss for words to reply.
Regardless. I will be there with my Orange to Win, loose or draw.
   Orange finished first and second in 4000# Antique Competition Stock Class. MY Lil CA right behind a nice restored WD45 with lots bigger tires.
   A WC won 3000.
   A B and a C finished 1-2 in 2500 stock and comp classes.

Sponsored Links

skip(MO) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 10:23pm

all the orange can't be pulling.....some of them have to work too! you could tell him that, but if he's  a real deere man, you'll spend 35mins explaining it to him.

HaroldOmaha View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaroldOmaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 10:39pm
  Its a good thing he doesn't pull around here, I beat 4 JDs by 30' two years ago in the 5500 lb class, this year they invited a modified Oliver Super 88 and let him pull in the stock 5500 class and I beat him by a foot. Sometimes it depends on the sled who wins.
I am learning which sleds to avoid.
Kip-Utah View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip-Utah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 10:52pm
In the antique pulling classes around here A-Cs fairly dominate the 2,500-4,500 classes, but we do let the red & green ones battle it out in the heavier classes. We are limited to one size over stock on our tires and un-cut. You just are at a tremendous disadvantage in the heavier classes with 24" & 28" rubber! Kip
HANSEN'S OLD ORANGE IRON. Showing, Pulling, & Going!!
morton(pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morton(pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 10:57pm
I pull in the 2500 class with the stock B. I dominate both the 2500 lbs class and would dominate the 3000 if I could pull in more then 1 class. We do, however, have another guy who pulls a B in the 3000 and dominates as well. We both out-pull the JD's and deutz's that show up.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 5:11am
My bone stock D17 was a great puller in the 6,500# thru 8,500# classes. Like Al Bundy making four touch downs in one game, I took 1st place four years in a row at my hometown in the #6,500 and 7,500# classes. Beating 60, 70, and R Deeres and hopped up Super M's and 770 and 880 Ollies pretty handily. I don't know why you don't see many 17's or 19's pull much. When I was a kid there was a D19 and 180 that would clean house in out of field classes.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Jordan(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jordan(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 1:04pm
The big MMs seem to rule the heavy classes around here, along with a few Ollies.
AllisChalmers37 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisChalmers37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 3:20pm

There is a WD45 here in KY that starts pulling in the 3500 lb classes, i think, and finishes the day in the 8500 to 9000 class. I've never seen that many weights on a tractor before.

It always finishes high also.
1937 WC, 1950 CA, 1959 D14, 1967 190XT, 2006 Ram 3500
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 4:46pm
Kip, If you had a high crop WC with the stock taller tires they wouldn't let you pull? Your rules sound like they were made up by the red and green guys. I know of a couple pretty tough Minnie Mo's around here. They can take a stock looking block and get 850 cu in, run at stock rpm and turn 150 HP on a dyno.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Kip-Utah View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip-Utah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 8:34pm
Dad has occasionally pulled his Hi-Crop WC with the proper 36" tires when it still had the stock 6.6:1 gears. We have since put a standard 4.2:1 rear end in it which is great for carravans but not good for pulling as it now blows the horn to quickly. BTW we are running Hi-Crop gears in the "38 Special". Kip
HANSEN'S OLD ORANGE IRON. Showing, Pulling, & Going!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic