This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crank pulleys on 426

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crank pulleys on 426
    Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 5:31pm
Mine on the L2 is off about 4 degrees. You guys think I should replace it and is there something better than the stock crank pulleys? This only has about 2,700 hrs on it. IMO it's a big cause of crankshaft failure at least on the 426.

Edited by Lonn - 25 Oct 2010 at 5:31pm
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 6:06pm
So, if you replace it with another one of the same quality, will you still own the combine at 5400 hrs????
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 8:22pm
I doubt it but if the money is near the same I would put the better one on. Thinking my 7050 is the same way and I'm pretty sure I'll never sell that.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Amos View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 8:28pm
How do you know it is 4 degreees off?
Steve M C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 8:47pm
Love the one on my 8070.Solid pulley with Fluidamper viscous damper on front!!
Adam Stratton View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Stratton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 10:20pm
We found out the one on our L2 was off more than that when we had injection pump problems.  Lined everything up according to book to put a used one on, couldnt get it to do anything, so we figured the used pump was shot also.  Had it and our original pump rebuilt, still nothing.  Finally, finally figured out that the pulley was out of time.  
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 5:31am
Originally posted by Amos Amos wrote:

How do you know it is 4 degreees off?

When I lined up the timing lines on the pump the pointer on the timing cover pointed at 12˚ on the pulley and it should have been 16˚. So then I took a mirror to see if they marks on the pulley lined up on the front of the pulley and they were off about as much as the pointer. So I guess it's off 4˚. The rubber is giving way.

BTW Just figured out how to make this degree sign ˚. Cool.
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic