This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

190XT Roosa Injection Pump Removal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomwestky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 190XT Roosa Injection Pump Removal
    Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 5:30pm
Can anyone offer counsel on the best way to remove a Roosa injection pump from a 190XT???

Tom Westerfield
Sponsored Links

JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 7:59pm
pressure wash that engine very good and do it on the back of pump too. Clean it good and then clean it some more.
  Remove oil lines for oil cooler and turbo. open side plate on pump and align marks in the window. Remove injector lines and then unbolt pump and pull off.
 Remember cleanliness is absolutely required when working on this stuff.
  Get all new seals for all the lines and might as well pull injectors too while your at it.
Dnoym N. S. Can. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dnoym N. S. Can. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 8:20pm
Tom Westerfield this is what i was told

DO NOT STEAM-CLEAN OR PRESSURE WASH THE
PUMP WITH THE ENGINE RUNNING OR HOT
There is a little bitty cover on the pump body held on by two screws.
Take that cover off and bar the engine over until you see the
line on the rotary part of the pump line up.
Then you can take the pump off and put it right back on in time.
Be very careful with the two seals on the drive shaft.
They go on so that the lips point out, away from each
other. One seal facing the pump the other seal facing the crankcase.
Be sure that the lips of these seals don't get folded over
 when you re install the pump. If the seal leaks, the Diesel
fuel will be forced into the crank case by the pressure of
the fuel transfer pump.
hth    B:-)      Dnoym
Dutchboy Johan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchboy Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 5:50am
Witch models did have the Roosa?? My XT ser. III has a Stanadyne.
---> Better by Design <---

Johan Straver, Almkerk/ Netherlands

Allis-Chalmers 190XT Ser.III #26829XTD
ChuckLuedtkeSEWI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckLuedtkeSEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 6:11am
I have never done it on a 190, but on my HD3 crawler when I pulled the pump off to have it rebuilt, I could not get the timing marks to line up before I pulled it off as just as it would get to the timing mark, it must have been right at the top of the compression stroke and it would go past it.   So what I did, since I was sending the injectors in also to have them checked over is I pulled out all of the injectors.   That way with no compression, I could get the pump right where I needed it.   Once the timing marks are lined up perfect, it's easy to pull the pump off and reinstall later and not get the pump timing all messed up. 
1955 WD45 diesel 203322 was my dad's tractor, 1966 D15 23530, 1961 HD3 Crawler 1918, 1966 D17 IV 83495, 1937 WC 41255, 1962 D19 6221
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 10:08am
A Roosa Master is a Stanadyne product. Simple name change.
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic