This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Devastating Events (H)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Devastating Events (H)
    Posted: 10 Jan 2024 at 4:18am
1960s
Ladies and Gentlemen, we interrupt this broadcast to bring you a devastating announcement;  OIL WILL BE GONE IN 10 YEARS
10 years later, we're still drilling oil....in my back yard

1970s
Ladies and Gentlemen, we interrupt this broadcast to bring you a devastating announcement;  there will be another ICE AGE within the next 10 years.
Man, that's 10 years ago you said there'd be another ice age an it's hotter n hell outside. You been outside?  It's HOT.

1980s
Ladies and Gentlemen, we interrupt this broadcast to let you know that ACID RAIN will destroy all crops within 10 years.
You said there'd be acid rain. S*** I collect rainwater. Jeeze, I'm feeding my crops, I'm feeding my pigs and my cows and chickens.  They ain't no acid rain you acid head. You taking acid?

1990s
Ladies and Gentlemen, we interrupt this broadcast to let you know that the OZONE layer will be gone in 10 years.
Yeah, isn't it ridiculous, now just take a deep breath. Mmm Okay, smell that Ozone layer?  It's still here.

2000s
Ladies and Gentlemen, we interrupt this broadcast to let you know that ICE CAPS will be gone in the next 10 years.
How can ice caps be gone when it's negative 59 degrees up there and down there? Ice don't melt when it's negative 59 degrees you dumb s***s.

NOW
Ladies and Gentlemen, we're serious THIS TIME. MASSIVE flooding will hit our coastlines in 10 years.
Well, if there's gonna be all this coastal flooding and, you know, rise of water, you know of 10 feet, all this oceanfront property you guys are building on, you know, Obama and Al Gore and the rest of you Motherf*****s that don't believe your own BS, I'll take your houses, cause I don't believe that BS either.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Sponsored Links

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2024 at 8:43am
They are so good at forcasting to bad they don't know what they are talking about, 
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2024 at 9:11am
they cant even tell you if it will snow TOMORROW... but they think they know what will happen 50 years from now...

And they compare the TEMPS to what the temp was 1 million years ago.... Changed 1 DEGREE ????    Who was using that thermometer 1 million years ago ???
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2024 at 9:17am
Kool-Aid propaganda at work
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2024 at 11:38am
Not to start too big a fight here but the amount of ice in the world has diminished by huge amounts. Columbia ice field in the Rockies that I took a tour of 50 years ago has almost disappeared. Most others the same. Now of course we know that the planet has been hot at times and cold at times during the last million years.  Smile
sparky View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2024 at 12:00pm
If only they would understand the ONE is running the show down here!
It's the color tractor my grandpa had!
Les Kerf View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Kerf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2024 at 3:29pm
Just look at Plymouth Rock. Tongue
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2024 at 4:55pm
temps are changing... Been doing that for MILLIONS or BILLIONS of years... What makes them think that HUMANS in the last 100 years have effected ANYTHING ??

30 years ago i hear a guy on TV... "Humans think they are Incharge.. when in reality they are just a Pimple on the Earths Azz"..
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

And they compare the TEMPS to what the temp was 1 million years ago.... Changed 1 DEGREE ????    Who was using that thermometer 1 million years ago ???

My kids keep telling people that it was ME...  but it was actually my younger sister.  She always called 'shotgun' while my brother drove the family brontosaurus to school... and it was her grade-school science experiment.

that is... until the neighborhood bully came in on a tyrannasaurus rex... the whole school parking lot was nothing but a bloodbath, and we were all right back to walking 43 miles, uphill both ways... in 80 feet of snow...LOL  I'm sure glad all those glaciers melted away.

I guess it's all for the better... our brontosaurus had a terrible chain-smoking habit.  Every time he had a fresh pack, she'd turn off route, walk up to a volcano, and light up four or five in each nostril.  We always told her that it was bad for her health... but the second-hand smoke for US was disgusting.
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2024 at 4:44am
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 6:51am
Yes Dave, all the BS that is coming out of all the naysayers is just that, BS.  It happened once before and it will happen again.  It is an ongoing process and we are just a speck in it.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic