This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need a Carburetor for an ACP 60

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need a Carburetor for an ACP 60
    Posted: 31 Dec 2023 at 1:45pm
Hi,
Someone took my carburetor off my forklift.
It's on the ranch, I believe it is an ACP 60.
What is a good carburetor that doesn't cost an arm and a leg

Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2023 at 4:31pm
Roger.... i may be all wet, but i thought the 60 had a Continental 6 cylinder F244 engine... Here are a couple carburetor numbers that were used on that engine..Maybe that will be a start to find something... Do you have a 6 cylinder Continental ??

https://www.carburetion.com/industrial/ZenithCrossref-Continental.asp

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2023 at 4:37pm
was it a down draft carburetor --- looks like this ?? ................. or does it have the updraft manifold with a different carb ?

Edited by steve(ill) - 31 Dec 2023 at 4:55pm
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2023 at 5:19pm
If this unit has the Continental F -226 or F-244 or F-245 -  a Zenith Model 62 carburetor and will be an updraft carb. 

HTH's Orangeman
Roger Green View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2023 at 5:37pm
I believe the Continental is a 227
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2023 at 5:37pm
It has a downdraft
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2023 at 5:46pm
I think Steve has it covered then.  I have a Zentih Model 62 carburetor that is fitted to an old Continental F-244. Its an updraft carb.  

The F-227 is not very different than the F-244 - slightly smaller bore.  You should be able to compensate on the load demand with the load and idle screws. 

HTH's ~ Orangeman
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2023 at 5:49pm
This may also be helpful - link here:https://norfar.com/pages/zenith-carburetor-cross-reference-guide

~ Orangeman
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2023 at 6:22pm
https://www.ebay.com/itm/143964793255

there is one on e-bay that is a Down Draft... not sure what motor... might be worth an e-mail to discuss it..

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2023 at 6:35pm
now if you REALLY want a challenge--- AMAZON..

Edited by steve(ill) - 31 Dec 2023 at 6:36pm
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2024 at 8:27pm
Guess I have a couple more problems now, went to start the ACP 60 and nothing, battery is up power through the switch;
Is it the starter solenoid, or the neutral switch, any checks on either
Thanks
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2024 at 10:15pm
when the SWITCH is turned to START, you should have voltage at the small terminal on the solenoid, and hear it CLICK..( if there is no voltage on the small terminal, then the IG SWITCH, NEUTRAL START or WIRE to them is bad).... The BIG terminal from the battery should also be HOT.. When you hear the CLICK then the other BIG terminal to the starter should have voltage...

You can take a jumper wire and touch the BIG HOT terminal to the SMALL terminal and should hear the solenoid CLICK.... If the BIG terminal has power and the solenoid is GOOD. ( the jumper bypasses the IGN switch and STARTER switch).

Edited by steve(ill) - 02 Jan 2024 at 10:19pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic