This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Red tractor question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in il Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red tractor question
    Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 10:11pm
What can you tell me about a CaseIH 3594? Never had anything to do with Case tractors and this is basically a red Case. Looks like a pretty well mantained tractor, and on paper it compares well to an 8070. Has a little over 5000 hrs on it, the only thing that concerns me is the MFWD looks like it needs seals at least, it cost almost $3000 to replace seals & bearings in the front end of my 8050 .

Is there anything to look out for on these? I'm looking at some 8070's on TractorHouse but this is a few years newer and the dealer is practically in my back yard. The 8070 are at least a 100+ miles away.

I really want a CaseIH 7120 or 7130 Magnum but that's more than I want to spend right now.
Sponsored Links

firebrick43 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firebrick43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 10:52pm
I don't know, I know one fellow that loves them, other that hate them.  I am some where in between.  What ransmission does it have?  the 12(4 range 3 powershift) or the 24(6 range 6 powershift)?  Never run the pto in reverse or with the clutch pedal in.  Never push in the clutch to stop without downshifting through the gears first.   The 504 case engine wasn't bad, some respects better than the 8.3 that replaced them, but they had erosion problems with the liners.  Power shift parts are expensive.  The 6 speed was electronic controlled, do not let them run if it has problems shifting.  STOP fix sensor/computer and its ok, Drive it some time with problems and you will have a very expensive bill. 

On all of these sized tractors, 3000 dollars is not a large bill for any major work. 
Case IH has quite a few NLA parts, even on the magnums. 
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 11:08pm
i've never had anything newer than a 460 in red tractors, but anything on the newer side is gonna cost a heck of a lot more to fix than the older ones....more complex, just like the manuf's wanted them to be. also special dealer tools to fix some things! harder to fabricate those tools like the older ones too! i'll be looking for another 7080 soon, mine is just about wore out.
Claus View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 11:43pm
Wow, I never would have thought that Magnum parts have already been discontinued, but then again I believe the 71 series came out in 1989 or 1990.  Not saying they should be obsolete by any means just they are older than I think of them.
560farm View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 560farm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 2:41am
They're good tractors but are prone to powershift problems, especially electrical. It's what they call a "constant traction" tractor meaning you can't shut the mfwd off. It's on and pulling all the time. We ran one for quite a few years, good tractor never had any problems, but i won't buy another 33 or 35, mainly for the constant traction reason; it eats up to much hp and ours was running at 196. We have always had Case & IH tractors. The 504 is a good engine and last a long time. We never had liner problems on any 504's, now the 400 series IH were prone to it if not maintained properly. If you have not run case powershifts, it is a lot different than your 8050.  More than likely it has the 24 speed. You would want to find out any transmission/power shift updates thats been done to it and how along ago. I would pass and buy either the 8070 since your familiar with them or better yet the Magnum.
Brad
Dave in il View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in il Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 6:45am
Thanks guys. It's the 24 speed and it may have been traded by a neighbor, there is a new MX in his yard. I'm going to call about it today.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 10:09am
magnums actually came out it 1987 I think. Ed.
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic