This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

25-40 parts needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt06br Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 25-40 parts needed
    Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 5:57pm
I am looking for a couple parts for my 25-40. I need an oil dipstick, hood, and a set of rear round spoke rims.   Message me if you have any of those three parts.
Sponsored Links

only AC orange View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote only AC orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2023 at 7:56am
I have all those parts! You must buy the tractor to get them. I would like to sell my 1931 25-40, runs good, not a threshermans special, rubber cleats bolted on rear steel, steel on front, have original bolt on cleats for rear and front steel guides. Can send pics by phone. PM me if interested, in East Central Indiana.
Rod in MN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod in MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2023 at 11:57am
Hi Guy’s, I also have a 25-50 tractor that I need some engine parts. Need a exhaust manifold intake manifold, one cylinder liner and a cylinder head.

This tractor sat in the same spot for 70 years. The engine was stuck. I will be putting in new ring and o-rings on the liners But the o-ring grooves in the block.
Has anyone ever machined the o-ring grooves out of the block and made a sleeve with new grooves and press into the block?
I know that John Deere 40,30 series are having this problem and Deere has a sleeve made to fix the problem?

Thank You
Rod in MN
Matt06br View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt06br Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2023 at 8:49pm
I have found the rims I need.   But am still looking for the correct engine oil dipstick. Thanks
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2023 at 8:31pm
...Im not following where the liner orings are. You say in the block so what's the problem with just replacing them?
Rod in MN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod in MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2023 at 9:44am
Hi,

Putting in new o-rings is not a problem. It’s will be the sealing.
I really don’t want to put all the work and money it a tractor restoration and have the crankcase fill up with water.

The groves in the block are very rusty. I don’t think that he o-rings will hold the water from getting into the oil. If I do put in new o-rings how long will they hold? If at all?

Or I would have to make a way to cap the top of the block and put a hole in the water jacket and pressurize the cooling system and look for leaks?
That maybe my only way for testing.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 9:23pm
Only suggestion I have for testing is head installed and outlets capped off with antifreeze in block above orings,then pressurize to say 15lb overnight with pan off and see what develops. What I do. It would take a lot of metal removal to make a slug with oring grooves in it. Don't have any idea if there is enough for that. You could possibly machine groves for larger dia orings. Cat does that on mechanical engine nozzle holders.
Gary(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 6:40am
I have several replacement blocks if you decide to go that route.
NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 11:11am

Use rubber O rings, pour liquid epoxy couple inches thick on top of them.
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 12:26pm
Use Hylomar . I have done these engines for years never had a problem sealing one even used it on B,C , WC ,WD  O ring's . As long as block is not cracked in bottom and you are only dealing with pitting in block and use good sleeves .
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Rod in MN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod in MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 9:55am
Hi Guy’s,   The block is not cracked that I can see. My liners are pitted some I was thinking about using JB Welded where the o-rings sit on the liner and sand them smooth. Then check it out if it holds water??

Thanks Guy’s
Rod in MN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod in MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 10:25am
Hi, Fred,   You said to use Hylomar What type did you use on the liner o-rings. Was it the nonharding ???   Thanks Fred

Thank You
Rod in MN
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic