This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

20-35 with PTO

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell, Jr. (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 20-35 with PTO
    Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 8:26am
I was just wondering if anyone on here bought the 20-35 with PTO at the Faribault, MN auction Thursday?
Sponsored Links

Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 9:46am
More than likely not,it bought good money!
Allen Dilg View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allen Dilg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 11:52am
  Hello Darrel  you to fred!!!   Does anyone know how many of the pto's are out there.  Larry L had one  the one in MN  and I have one,  anymore???
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 12:09pm
LOL Fred - we are a thrifty bunch, eh?  ROFLMAO
Darrell, Jr. (MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell, Jr. (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 2:01pm
I guess Dad talked to Larry Swenson yesterday while he was waiting 8 hours to get loaded and it was a younger gentleman from Fergus Falls that bought it, so at least it will stay in the state.

Allen, that's about the only ones that we know of, and the one Larry had was pretty rough.
PaulRoidt(WI) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulRoidt(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 2:05pm
Gary and I have two PTO's that need a  some tlc.

There where two styles made,  one with a disconnect on the end and one with out.

What was the overall condition of the tractor,  I watched it sell in the internet.  Was the motor stuck?

Paul
Darrell, Jr. (MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell, Jr. (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 2:23pm
Paul, the tractor was in pretty good shape, which is why it brought what it did, Dad tried to buy it to put the PTO on his but got out of his price range, not to mention the fact that his internet connection failed while that tractor was being sold or it might have cost the guy some more money...lol
PaulRoidt(WI) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulRoidt(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 2:58pm

I thought I would not see it either, but my connection came back just as it was selling.

I have heard about some PTO's on tractors in Ohio also.

Paul
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 7:22pm
So let the rest of us know what is good money. How much?
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
GreenOrange View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenOrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 9:11pm
$3750
MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 9:19pm

That doesn't sound that bad to me for one of those old beasts if it was in good condition.

Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 4 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 6:24am
Larry L dose not have that one anymore  Allen. It was in bad shape,had missing parts so I passed on it myself. I hauled that one along out to Mo. for antoher person.
Andy (MN) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 9:21am
I bought the 20-35 at the auction sale in Faribault MN on Thursday.  I live about 20 miles from the auction site and hardly ever get lucky enough to be near one of these Circus/auctions very often so I didn't feel too bad bidding and buying a few things over the two days.  I also bought the cream puff 1951 Chevrolet with 57k original miles, and the nice 1935 Dodge one ton flat bed.   According to local legend, the 20-35 sat up near the house and was pretty special to the former owner (Paul Bussert).  It wasn't special enough to sit in the shed, though that worked out just fine for me becuase the shed roof fell in over ten years ago and left most of the tractors inside in pretty tough shape.   It supposedly turned over within the last 20 years and the can on the exhaust pipe is just about rusted in place so I think it's been there for a while.

The tractor is beautifully complete, down to the right carb and the PTO. I'll have to track down a right mag for it and some other odds and ends. There is original paint all over the tractor with shades of pinstriping even here and there in places.  My family has a couple of A tractors and we're going more in the steel wheeled direction so it made sense to try and get this tractor, which almost certainly was sold locally.  Considering the PTO, I think it went pretty fair considering how clean and complete it is.

I brought my own tractor on Friday to pull the trucks out and was almost mobbed to try and help people pull their purchases out.  I helped 6-7 guys and then had to get out of dodge.  It was a total mess as far as loading went and I'm glad I got my purchases out when I did.
GreenOrange View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenOrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 9:36am
Andy,
Congrats on the purchase!  I thought it looked pretty decent overall.  Now put that thing inside! LOL
-John
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Andy (MN) Andy (MN) wrote:

Circus/auctions
I didn't attend that auction but been to a few highly advertised auctions with highend and rare items and let me tell you that you hit the nail square on the head with that statement. 

I aint got nutten orange thats more valued than my morals or my true friends.
Matt (Jordan,MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt (Jordan,MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 10:49am
This was a circus auction. I  hauled 11 tracotrs out of there. Most of them are for parts. I was a busserts about 4 years ago and i don't rember seeing your 20-35 but it probably blended in with all the other iron.  When i was there the shed was still standing. what most of you online bidders didn't see was the about 200 tractors still in the woods that were sold in lots for scrap. 
Andy (MN) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 11:25am

This tractor sat right up near the house and as tough as it was to get a tour of the grounds, I vaguely remember it back in 1999 when Paul walked my dad and I around the property.  It is stuck, though it will get the full treatment when it's turn comes up.  The PTO seems to be complete from what I can tell.  I couldn't be happier with it so far and cannot wait to get it on the sawmill at the local show. 

I was in shock walking around the tractors that were not pulled out.  Granted there were some jewels in that mix (roughly 200-300 tractors and trucks), it was mainly a pretty plane Jane mix of stuff, and I feel pretty bad for the poor soul who will have to clean up that entire mess by June of next year. 
Matt (Jordan,MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt (Jordan,MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 12:22pm
 The guy that got all the stuff in the trees is pulling it out and hauling it to his place near Mankato. Then he is going to sell it off or have a auction. But for right now it isn't going to the scrap yard.
David Maddux View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Maddux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 12:51pm
Allen: There was either a 20-35 or a 25-40 at Ernie Knutsches auction that had a pto on it. I don't remember where it went.  Dave.
Matt MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 2:18pm
Here should be some pictures of it.

20-35 PTO
Unless your are the lead horse the scenery never changes!!
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 2:25pm
I'd say you got a good buy, Andy. That is a nice straight complete tractor. You'll enjoy that one. I have three and they are my favorites of all my Allis's
morton(pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morton(pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 3:10pm
Andy, was the 51 chevy you speak of a car or a truck? If it was a truck, what size was it? Just wondering, as the Advance Design Chevys are at the top of my collection list right behind Allis.
Andy (MN) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 9:32am
Thanks to all for the congrats.  The 51 Chevrolet is a half ton truck.  It was originally blue and has pretty low miles and little rust, considering it sat outside it's entire life.  I'm gonna put new fuel lines, brake lines, brakes, etc. in the truck and drive it back and forth to work as it's just too cool not to.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic