This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 years ago today

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 years ago today
    Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 11:37pm
The old gal passed on. It's been a long day. We did farmers market this morning,were going to release a bunch of balloons but nobody in town had any helium. She was in charge of the farmers mkt here for close to 20 years. I took a nice bunch of flowers to her grave, drove by the old house, drove by the Creston IA farmers mkt spot where she did her first farmers mkt well over 20 years ago. When she first started. She had a 4 door Chevette, got it all in that car, had 1 card table. Now I've got to have a van and 3-6' folding tables + when I do an indoor show I have an 8' table to set up too. l got lots of hugs from the gals today. As bad as I was hurting today, those hugs almost made it worth it. It was COLD and WINDY today. I use the words "old gal" which was what I called her in later years. It's not meant to be a bad thing. I hope you all had a great day.
Sponsored Links

Joe Goodwill View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Goodwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 6:20am
Glad you got some hugs. Cherish the good memories and take care.🙏🤗
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 6:54am
There are no words that can help. Our thoughts are with you Tom. 
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 7:39am
A good day for remembrances. Sad memories do give way to good ones.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 6:18pm
Tom,I'm sure you cherish the memories of a loved lost. We can only go forward one day,one step at a time until our day is here.
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 6:58pm
Old gals are the best!
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 7:32pm
Tom, she still lives on in your memories. Cherish those memories and the love you shared with each other. Glad you got lots of hugs to make your day go better.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2023 at 10:58am
Feeling your sorrow Tom.  The hardest thing in life is losing a mate, harder even than losing a sibling or parents.  Cherish the memories and collect ALL the hugs you can!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2023 at 2:04pm
Prayers Tom, Glad you got them hugs to help ease the pain
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2023 at 3:35pm
Tom, Keep putting one foot ahead of the other and cherish the good memories and move on with life.
 Had a grandpa that was 76 years old and he went and found another gal to be his wife and to live life with... at his funeral, my step grandmother said that she never had known what true love was until she met Albert.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2023 at 5:26pm
Those good memorise are locked in there and sometimes are hard to bring to the surface . 
I was to a celebration of life last Thursday for a friend of many years , I firse met him when I worked for him for 3 month before in went into the service in 1962 
 When I got out worked for him again for a while and then on and off over the years , his wife and him were friends with my wife and with my father in law also . 
  So Thursday his wife and i were talking and she asked how my wife was - well it's been 9 years now since my wife passed - and I guess many either missed facts or slips their minds when they face their own losses /
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic