This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BUDA 6 cylinder diesel engine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taynton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BUDA 6 cylinder diesel engine
    Posted: 04 Oct 2023 at 9:10pm
 $1,250 or BO.  Call me and make an offer. The buyer picks it up and loads it. My grandfather used this 6-cylinder engine to power his planer. He only used it to do 2,000 to 3,000 ft. of board lumber after rebuilding it. This engine has been sitting out in the weather since 2009 when my grandfather passed away, but my dad said it shouldn't take much effort to get it working. 
It is a diesel engine with BUDA clearly marked in at least 3 places.  Dad says it could be used for many purposes such as run a pump. I do have photos, contact me if you want to see them.  As you can see below, I have added photos and information on this engine.

Buyer must pick it up, pay cash and load it yourself with buyer paying cash when they pick it up. My father insists cash, but the price is negotiable.

If interested in this engine contact me at elementalsprites@yahoo.com.

Edited by Taynton - 05 Dec 2023 at 11:52am
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 1:24pm
photos from Rhonda.......

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 1:34pm
closeup..........

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 1:45pm
number tag ??

Macon Rounds View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 9:05pm
That is surely a unique engine.
Will br anxious to see what it is.
The Allis "D" Series Tractors, Gravely Walk behind Tractors, Cowboy Action Shooting !!!!!!! And Checkmate
Taynton View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taynton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 9:48am
Thanks for posting those for me Steve(ill).  I really appreciate it.  I will try to enlarge on my actual photos to see if I can read that plate.  If not, I will be in Eastern Oregon this coming Thursday.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 7:47pm
Interesting that the intake manifold looks very much like the intake manifold from a G-2500/2800. I'd still guess this is a pre-1050 age engine by the injection pump design.
Taynton View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taynton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 9:14pm
Found more information about this Buda.  Sister took a picture of the rectangular plate someone asked about.

In a nutshell,  Buda Lanova

5 1/4 x 6 1/2 (bore & stroke?)

Serial #37389 (hard to read, and I still do not know how to load photos)

MOD 6 DC 844

Says: The Buda, Harvey, Illinois U.S.A.

She also sent 2 short videos of my father moving what looks like a gear shift

Edited by Taynton - 09 Oct 2023 at 3:09pm
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 3:12am
That is the grandfather of what we would eventually come to know as the 25000 series engine family....844 cubic inches.

Edited by DrAllis - 07 Oct 2023 at 3:20am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 9:03pm
WOW... from the photos i had no idea it was a 844 .... I assumed it was about half that size !

with a TURBO it was called a 21000 and used in the 21C dozer..... Add an aftercooler and it bacame a 25000 and used in 945 wheel loader and i think the  "PURPLE TRUCK !

Edited by steve(ill) - 07 Oct 2023 at 9:18pm
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 11:24pm
I didn't think it looked that big either from the pics.
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 7:09am
And marketed as "Big Al".

Photo of the genset engine has a Robert Bosch injection pump where the original photo of the Buda engine uses an American Bosch injection pump.

Edited by Codger - 08 Oct 2023 at 7:12am
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
Taynton View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taynton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 12:08am
Serial number is: 37389

MOD 6 DC 844
Taynton View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taynton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 7:08pm
Seems it is a BUDA LANOVA 844.  More info on the for sale post. :)
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 10:27pm
The "Lanova" name indicates the type of combustion system that was used. It is not "direct-injection" like was used from about 1965 or so and newer. The Lanova design was the same as used on the Allis-Buda D-230-262 engines.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic