This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC 7000 vibration and noise

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACdave1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC 7000 vibration and noise
    Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 2:31pm
I have an AC 7000 (maroon underbelly). Recently while running a round baler, I noticed a "vibrating" (higher the rpm, the more vibration, and is still there with PtO off, baler not turning)... The vibration isnt so bad that it shakes you off the seat, but enough that I noticed a difference as I am more familier with the "normal" feel of this tractor. I was just wondering if anyone had any idea what this could be?? I do not believe it to be the engine...

Some other symptoms are:
When engaging the PtO there is a slight squeal/howl noise... is seemingly getting worse.
Sometimes when in park and at idle (usually at start up) i can hear a noise from within (sort of below the gear shift, which is on the floor)... is sort of a ping/ting ing noise... like something is loose.

any ideas?

Sponsored Links

skipwelte View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skipwelte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 3:45pm
Your cab mount dampners are worn out, all kinds of noises telepgraph to the cab if it grounds out to the frame.   At least I would look there first.
ACdave1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACdave1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 4:03pm
You may be on to something regarding the cab mounts/dampeners...

As for the PtO noise when engaging... how difficult is it to get to the PtO clutches etc. Looks to me like it will have to be split to get to it. Any pointers regarding splitting a 7000?
Russ-neia View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Russ-neia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 4:28pm
Second the motion on the cab mounts.  Had that on our 7040.  The rubber gets old and dry after 30+ years.  At least start there and see if it helps.  Much cheaper and simpler than splitting.
The innovators offer what others will imitate.
Jim in SE ND View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim in SE ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 8:32pm
I think I agree with cab mounts, did that on my 7030, new ones solved the problem.
ACdave1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACdave1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 8:25am

Unfortunately I think I still have to explore the source of the other noises... the ting/tanging, clinking inside in the clutch/transmission area. And the squeal/howl when I engage the PtO...

After looking at the manual it appears that the tractor will have to be split to access the PtO?? and to replace the clutches? Realy dont want to do that, but... Never had this thing apart before... any tricks, tips, etc. that anyone can offer?

Or am I headed in the wrong direction with my diagnosis?
niel ev View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niel ev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 8:58am
Dave there are 3 plastic tubes on the right hand side off tractor above the valve on the side of torqu tude that you will have to take out to split the tractor Niel
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 9:30am

Pay attention.....7000's have a tin baffle that surrounds the lower PTO gear and it makes noise at slow speeds...that is NORMAL. The PTO valve usually makes a noise of some kind when engaging the PTO....I would consider that normal as well. Did you just buy this tractor???because these noises have been with it since it left Milwaukee back in the 1970's. Go ahead and tear it apart if you want, but when you get it back together and the same noises are still there, remember reading this post.

ACdave1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACdave1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 9:48am
LOL... thanks for the advice...

I didn't just buy this tractor... bought about 8-10 years ago. I really don't push it too hard, except for running round baler. There was not any noise when engaging the pto until the past 2-3 years. It started out as an occasional thing as it was engaged, but now does it every time, and has gotten louder this past summer... which makes me think something is up. When you are engaging the pto and it howls (loud enough to be heard outside the cab) I can feel it vibrate a bit... that in conjunction with the added "overall" vibration that just started... I just do not want it to quit on me mid-summer and cause bigger problems if I just let it go.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic