This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Farmers market

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Farmers market
    Posted: 25 Sep 2023 at 3:54pm
Well it's the last one for the year here in Creston Iowa. Looks like it's gonna poor down rain any minute. I'm hoping they have some decent tomatoes here today. They've been pretty scabby the last 2 weeks.   I gots 3 or 4 more to do in Winterset, including Covered bridge days.
Sponsored Links

Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2023 at 4:30pm
Farmers markets here have been dismal all summer so far. Severe drought and 90 days of temps 100 or above every day, basically fried everything. FM’s have delved into pseudo ‘craft markets’. Wood carvings, homemade soaps, furniture, etc. Hopefully with the 2nd crop of autumn vegetables, there may actually be fresh stuff to purchase.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2023 at 4:57pm
Man our garden has been one the best we have had but we do just have a small garden. Gave away lots of cukes and tomatoes.  If you were closer I would give you some tomatoes. To many squash. Don't know why it did so good.
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2023 at 5:51pm
Tom, where will you be set up? I have couple deer tags to fill in that area. Maybe can drop by to say hello
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2023 at 10:51pm
I will be set up 1 block east of the town square at Cannon Ball park. I'm the guy with a lot of honey. The second weekend in Oct will be Covered Bridge Days. I will be on the south west corner of the square, unless they decide to move my spot again. According to the DNR I live in the middle of the largest area of deer population in the US. They told me Madison County Iowa has more deer per sq mile than any other place in the US. I'm 1.5 miles off of Deer Run Avenue, a blacktop that runs south off of 92 into Macksburg. I usually see a dozen or more deer on my way to the highway and usually 50-60 more when I turn north on Deer Run. Stop buy.
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2023 at 12:22am
I was wrong, we have 1 more this Saturday. And then the following weekend we have Covered Bridge Weekend which will be a 3 day affair. Plummer come on over. 3 or 4 years ago my son and his daughter wanted to hunt on me. They drove in the driveway, got out of his pickup and bagged their limit in my garden. They had to carry the deer out of the garden, about 50 ft. My back has gotten so bad, I sold the 80 acres and have only 12 acres left where my house is.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2023 at 12:34pm
You’re close enough to a tree line I’m not surprised. Were me, I’d have a shooting rest set up at the house.
Looking forward to hunting and seeing the sights that weekend
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic