This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

anyone own...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: anyone own...
    Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 2:28am
one of them mini excavators...most of them I think are made in china, have the briggs engine. any info you can honestly make on them? yeah...I know...made in china. I sold my back hoe/loader cuz I couldn't get in the cab anymore, with these little machines, I can get on the operators platform and seat. 
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 4:08pm
Son makes a boom and bucket backhoe attachment for skid loaders but one has to move machine to swing to dump bucket . 
 Then last week I was using the skid loader and found getting in and out is a lot more difficult than I remembered .
 Now the tracked mini excavators (zero swing) machines have a price well above what a TLB costs . As long as the 715B keeps working it's a lot easier than the skid loader to use .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 5:26pm
I have a towable backhoe. It's nice for smaller jobs. You tow to where you want to use it, then you can push-pull it with it's boom.
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
jvin248 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jvin248 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 9:27pm

There is a YouTube series of a guy ordering one of those mini excavators ... and it turned into quite a hassle getting it.. customs, shipping, etc. Worked fine for his jobs.

Harbor freight sells those towables like mentioned above. I almost ordered one for some ditching. Ended up using my three point dirt scoop to carve out the sod layer where roots made hard digging and then hand dug the rest. I know one guy who dug his house basement with a three point scoop.

Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2023 at 12:56am
I seen some Amish using a slip scraper and a team of horses a few years ago. They must have been getting a rush from flying over the handles and scoop.
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2023 at 1:21am
I watched a youtube video of one, seems like someone is selling them here in the states, I'm thinking they go for around $7 to $8 thousand.  Probably OK for light work, I don't know how they will hold up to serious digging.  I bought a used Takauchi TH24 I think, pretty good machine.  It doesn't have the digging power of a normal size backhoe but it digs well enough.  I use it mainly to clean irrigation ditches and it is the cat's meow.
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2023 at 1:02pm
My brothein law has a mini excavator it's a bobcat tracked one it was alot of money he leased it for a couple months then decided to buy all his lease whet toward purchase and hes very happy with it. Last month he brought to moms house and dug the 8' deep water line from house to well my brother and him replaced the line and underground valve and covered it back up in a day was able to get in between foundations trees and yard ornaments.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2023 at 4:56pm

NorTrac Towable Backhoe Trencher — 15 HP

Northern tool towable backhoe from www.northerntool.com
This portable NorTrac® Towable Backhoe Trencher is powered by a high-performance 15 HP, Ducar 420cc engine. It's perfect for a wide variety of landscaping ...
$3,199.99 · ‎$85 delivery · ‎60-day returns · ‎In stock
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 7:06pm
Thanks ya'll...not interested in the towable back hoe...they work great for some things, and i've used one before, but I want a drive-able one instead. would work better inside buildings. i'm not as agile as I used to be and the less I have to get off and on things...the better. 
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2023 at 1:33am
Son rented one to dig around house foundation walls to put in drain tile . 
He rented it for weekend rate and had 23 hours of use when he brought it back on Monday morning . Had picked it up on a Friday at 5 PM / returned Monday at 8 AM 
 Rental outfit had a panic at hours of use as they figure a weekend is maximum 8 hours .
Hard to convince rental place something must be wrong with hour meter - or machine ran that full time . They settled for 16 hours rental time .
  Thing is he has been looking for a used unit but the prices on them are way beyond what a used machine should sell for - prices are way out of line . Yet it seems skid loaders are also holding prices beyond what they were years back on used units . All used equipment seems overprices as well as new stuff is also . 
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2023 at 12:28am
Local bank repoed 1 and left it set on the back of the car dealerships lot where I worked. I thought about buying it, but it needed drive sprockets and tracks put on it. They cost more than I could have bought the little track hoe for. Rent 1. It doesn't cost that much.
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2023 at 6:57am
That is a lot different than mine. Mine is not very hard to get on and off of.
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic