This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tractomotive tl10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tzurek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tractomotive tl10
    Posted: 14 Sep 2023 at 11:38am
We just purchased a tl-10 with a treespade mounted on her... Worked great...
Just started having trouble with the torque converter and cannot find the transmission level petcock described in the manual. I checked the filter and replaced the fluid with 5 gallons of utf, but cannot figure out how to check the trans fluid level.

I do have a parts and operator manual but cannot find a tl-10 service manual with torque converter. Does anyone have a similar manual that will guide me during transmission service and dual clutch (shuttle clutches) replacment.  
Sponsored Links

CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2023 at 2:58pm
i have the first series tl12 and it is a 4wd version of the tl10.  there are two petcocks on the rh side of transmission under bellhousing (from drivers seat) for checking oil level .  converter and trans use same oil.  service manual for these early loaders doesnt seem to exist.  none of the manual companies show a service manual. except for engines.  the clutches are pretty straight forward to reline and adjust if you can find the discs.  I put new seals on both shafts as well.  never went into converter.  operators manual i believe shows how to adjust clutches,  very simple setup.  lock pin holds a screw type adjuster for changing the amount of ramp on over center clutch

Edited by CAL(KS) - 14 Sep 2023 at 3:00pm
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
tzurek View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tzurek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2023 at 8:27pm
Thank you,
What do you use for brake fluid (universal tractor fluid?) , and does anyone sell wheel cylinders?
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2023 at 7:55am
I will be rebuilding my wheel cylinders very soon just got one pulled off but not even cleaned up yet.  Complete cylinders are not available that i could find, but its entirely possible it could be matched up with a truck wheel cylinder of the era.  I was able to get rebuild kits from Minnpar.com.   I need to clean up the cylinder and see if there are any numbers on it that might lead to a replacement.  My brake shoes are worn out and I will be sending them off to be relined as soon as i can get them off.  Having trouble freeing up the bottom pivot on the shoes and I dont have a torch for heating right now because of a garage fire. i was able to get a new master cylinder from my local carquest and plan to use regular brake fluid.  i have a couple videos on my youtube channel about my machine and somethings i have done so far.  

CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 12:54pm
i did a little reading in my books.  I think i am mistaken with the similarity of the tl-10 and 12.  the Tl-10 was released first, and the 12 came along later, and it had a 2wd version they call the TL-11.  so i cant say with certainty that my previous statements are correct.

tzurek View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tzurek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2023 at 4:37pm
Right on, Thank you. The trans petcock was buried under gunk. Do you recall the part number for the master and wheel cylinders? That is my next project, do you use dot3 or UTF for the brakes. 

Thank you,
Tony Z
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2023 at 7:09am
im using dot 3.  I can get you the oem part #s.  i have rebuild kits and #s. for the wheel cylinders.  i will have to take a look at the master cylinder.  I got it through carquest, im pretty sure its just a truck master nothing special.

ThomasStreet View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasStreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2023 at 5:44am
Thanks for the info, I will keep it in my mind.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2023 at 12:28pm
the rubber used in brake master cylinders and wheel cylinders will swell and degrade with any petroleum based fluid . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic