This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

your take

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D19allisowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: your take
    Posted: 05 Sep 2023 at 11:17pm
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.
Sponsored Links

TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2023 at 11:23pm
When person who makes the video can’t even spell the name of manufacturers correctly; and apparently doesn’t know the difference between a 190 and 190XT it’s pretty sad.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2023 at 6:41am
It sounded like a computer generated voice, especially when he said the Massy Ferguson three hundred ninety nine and John Deere four thousand twenty.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2023 at 7:00am
Clearly compiled by an ignorant person who believes everything he reads on the internet. In the case of the 190XT, he clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. Which Orings, Bunky ??   Yes, the original tractors that had the drivelines completely changed were BAD/TERRIBLE, they were fixed !!  Unlike the 6000 Commando Ford that got some things fixed and the rest was never addressed. The 560 Farmall was fixed too, after the rear end debacle. The 2010 Deere tractor was probably their worst, but it was engine reliability that was paramount, not performance !!  The other two little Deeres and all the Olivers I'd probably have to agree with. International Harvestor's downfall began when Deere came with the Sound-Gard cab in 1973, not the intro of the 560 tractor. 

Edited by DrAllis - 06 Sep 2023 at 7:39am
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2023 at 7:50am
everyone has an opinion..... and most are not worth much..
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2023 at 8:03am
funny, I thought the 10 worst were all 'green'.....Wink

BTW ,unless the guy BOUGHT AND actually USED  those 10 tractors, he doesn't KNOW anything.....

Edited by jaybmiller - 06 Sep 2023 at 8:05am
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2023 at 8:34am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

funny, I thought the 10 worst were all 'green'.....Wink

BTW ,unless the guy BOUGHT AND actually USED  those 10 tractors, he doesn't KNOW anything.....

So how much seat time have you spent with Deere’s ?   Drive a 6300 or 6400 Deere MFWD then a 6080 MFWD tell me what one is a nicer tractor. Bought one Deere like it so bought a second I like that as well guess what? When the opportunity presents itself I’ll buy a 3rd one.

Edited by victoryallis - 06 Sep 2023 at 8:35am
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
gleaner1 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gleaner1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2023 at 11:42am
To be fare those weren’t even made in the same decade.
Compare them to the 2750 and 2950 deere.

ALLIS CHALMERS "The color is orange"
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2023 at 12:09pm
i have got to the point where ...when I see 'top 10' best worst beautiful ugly or anything like that, I move on to something more interesting and not someone opinion.... that does not mean anything except someones opinion...
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2023 at 9:10am
And if you click the link for the 'Ten Best' you will find the 9N, 8N, and a Ferguson that's basically the same! Pretty heavy on the opinion in these!!

Edit; Do you suppose the 'blown O rings' was a reference to sleeve O rings? I REALLY don't see the 190 or either of the Red machines anywhere near this list!

Edited by IBWD MIke - 07 Sep 2023 at 9:14am
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2023 at 9:20am
I've spent few hundred hours on top of 'green machines' , though I never OWNED one,so I don't know about repairs, costs(fuel/acre ), downtime, etc. all of which should factor into the   'worst' label.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2023 at 1:32pm
I've come to the conclusion in my old age that there is no such thing as best or worst in any brand of anything!!!!! Don't care if it's farm tractors/equipment, big trucks, little trucks, cars pickups, or household appliances!! Every company had there good, bad, and ugly. What may have been a Lemmon for one person, may have been the best thing ever for someone else. Opinions are like "A" holes, everyone has one about everything, including tractors. I happen to love my allis chalmers tractors, and if someone else thinks that it's one of the worst, so be it. I have many friends who are John deere green right down to their underwear, but will NEVER bad mouth my allis chalmers stuff, and I respect their green equipment
So if anyone making a list like that thinks that that is official, and the final word, they can absolutely, 100 percent kiss my.....
Darrel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic