This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conversions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Conversions
    Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 7:04am
A central Missouri dealer that specializes in dozers and has a salvage lot as well has a group of farm HD-6s', these are set up no blade, some have remote hydraulics added with what appears to be a trans driven pump, a couple have PTO.  I suspect these have been repowered as they show turbos but are they worth buying and trying to locate a blade assembly?

Look up Zimmerman Tractor, Versailles, Mo.
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 9:43am
At the price on this machine one could find one already set up and put some cash into it and come out ahead , then a newer machine might be a better choice.
 pads look wider than normal , more of float pads so on rocky or uneven ground track wear will be greater.
 also truck frame looks like it did have a dozer blade at one time, PTO wasa option but the hyd couplings under the fuel tank are something else.

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 11:27am
Thanks, he actually has six, only two on the listings pages with most at a similar price.  He also has IH and Cats with the same configuration all came from a Colorado farm where he bought them fairly cheap(admitted to).  I am looking at a few machines he has, missed a HD4 he had, went for $5000 but needed a lot of undercarriage work.
TREVMAN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TREVMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 7:12pm
I believe this is the AG version. AGs were painted orange and had the hinged "soft front" radiator grill. I believe they also had turbos as many were sold in hill country and it was felt they needed more power. That would explain the wide pads as well. I think you would have to find a "hard front" used on the construction version, as it supported the dozer assembly. I'm not sure if it would bolt up, as well I'm not sure if the hydraulics had the same capacity as the construction version. Hope this helps, TREV.
Dave A View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 7:32pm

wow that would be a chunk of change for the old crawler. Looked at Huagh 2 years ago with a clam bucket, the guy wanted $1000 for it. The running gear was great needed motor work.  Seems like once the equipment hits the net, the price goes up. What is a HD 6 worth in the real world. Looking at doing some horse trading for one. 

Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game.
Winston Churchill
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic