This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visited mom today.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Visited mom today.
    Posted: 17 Aug 2023 at 8:12pm
In the local nursing home. She likes to tell everyone she will be 101 this Sept 19th. She sure likes to visit with all the gals working there. The girls tell me she is a real joker. Always having fun with the help. She is having so much fun gabbing with the girls, I don't think we could ever get her out of there. She has been there 2 weeks and has gained 5-7 lbs. She had a kidney infection when she got there. We think that caused her to pass out. She was given an evaluation today. 7 ladies talked to sis and me today. They all reported positive results. These evulations are done every 4 months. Anyway, the neighbor came and raked my hay today.i hope he got it baled to. There is several years of big bales out there. I'm gonna tell him to load it all up and take it. He takes the junky hay to the alcohol plant where they use it to make gasohol. Maybe they can use the older bales too. I'm gonna disk it all up this fall and reseed it.
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2023 at 8:21pm
Take all those positives you get Tom, prayers from here for the better.
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 6:21am
Sounds as though you and she found her perfect home for her. May 
god 
bless her for her remaining days. May she not only celebrate not only her 101st birthday, but also her 110th. God Bless.  
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 7:00am
My wife's grandmother spent MOST of her life not far from you (Winterset), her husband's assignment in WW2 was passive sonar/radio on a lightship off the Jersey coast (don't let anyone tell you they didn't know German subs were patrolling the area, they had a panel of triggers aboard for remotely-triggered mines!)

Anyway, Grandmother celebrated her 99th, and said she'd live just long enough to make 100.,.  and for her 102nd, she was having a rough time, they moved into hospice...  16mo later, they moved her out of hospice (she 'graduated', we say) and she continued to live in her own room 'till about three weeks ago.  They moved her to advanced care, and she's gonna be 106 in another month'n'a half.
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 8:02am
Mom was dead set against any kind of Retirement Home when she was 80... When 88 she said " i wonder what that would be like".. Went to visit one day and they had 50 people similar in age and hobbies to her. She moved in and is 92 this week. Loves the Bingo, Crafts, Discussions with others, Cards... Now she could not be without them !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic