This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

For sale 1954 WD45

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: For sale 1954 WD45
    Posted: 31 Jul 2023 at 4:35pm
Good running 1954 WD45 with factory power steering. Weeps a bit of hydraulic fluid underneath, and has leaked some from the final drives since sitting in the back shed the last several years. Never used any engine oil.
 Does Not pop out of any gears, I fixed that many years ago with a new shift collar and new 3rd gear. Hand clutch snaps over good and works as it should.
  Sheet metal is straight, except the bottom back edge of the fenders where someone didn't take time to put tire chins on properly.
 12 volt neg ground with alternator was charging fine when I pulled it out of the shed Saturday, but didn't seem to be charging this morning when I parked it out front. That   might have something to do with hosing the dust off of it Saturday evening? All the wiring harness is original, and should be replaced, and the key switch is  in need of replacing but still works if you hold your mouth right. Headlights function.
 Rear tires are weather checked, but look just like they did 43 years ago, with decent tread. Rear rims are good, as I replaced one that had rusted out from fluid leaking. Yes it has calcium chloride in the rears. 
 Front tires were replaced some years back and in decent shape.
 Freeman W9 loader with my home made snow blade on front, a manure bucket can go with. It's not at all pretty to look at, with welded on patches, but they have been there since before I bought the tractor.
 The power steering didn't seem to work a year and a half ago when I had it out the last time, but topping off the fluid made all the difference in the world. Wink
 I almost forgot to mention, I have re-plumbed the hydraulics thru a diverter valve. Forward position runs the loader, rearward runs the lift arm, and middle runs the remote. The loader and lift arms stay in the position they were at when switching to a different position of the valve. Pretty handy for plowing snow with a blade on front and on back.
 I haven't used the tractor much at all in the last 7 or 8 years and the current storage is soon to be removed. She needs a new home!
 Pictures I took July 29, 2023 here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/HDw1StyxwLnrQYAE7
Maybe I forgot how to add a proper link? Confused
 Location is 61252 zip code, and my email address is in profile.
Asking $1750 US

http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic