This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Made a few rotos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Made a few rotos
    Posted: 28 Jul 2023 at 3:51pm
Was out early yesterday morning and made a few second cutting alfalfa roto bales. Put a short video up on you tube
Here's a link if anyone is interested

https://youtube.com/shorts/St5nffUlGHQ?feature=share
Sponsored Links

Ryan Renko View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Renko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2023 at 5:44pm
Nice video and equipment. It would really suck to have to stop so often but that's the way it was. Ryan
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2023 at 7:35pm
Little over kill using the d 19 lol
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2023 at 8:30am
Nice properly sized windrows. What's the feeder roller thing at the top of the conveyor, that helps keep the hay down low as it enters the baling chamber? I'm not sure I've noticed that on other Rotobalers. Was it special equipment?
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2023 at 11:51am
Originally posted by wjohn wjohn wrote:

Nice properly sized windrows. What's the feeder roller thing at the top of the conveyor, that helps keep the hay down low as it enters the baling chamber? I'm not sure I've noticed that on other Rotobalers. Was it special equipment?

I'm not sure if that roller is just on the white tops or what. I have had it in hay that it definitely helps push down the windrow. Those windrows are two 16 footers 'V" raked together. Never ceases to amaze me, the amount of hay that those roto baler will eat.
Thanks for looking!
Darrel
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2023 at 12:52pm
My converted 10 has that feeder too
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2023 at 9:12pm
Take that beater out so you can see the string start to wrap the press roller. Older ones don't have it and they worked fine.
Also baies look loose like key may be sheared in brake or need tightened  down.                           MACK
Sherman Farms View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherman Farms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2023 at 8:23am
Bales look just fine, I have run roto balers for 65 years and have 12 in the barn,I wouldn't change a thing on yours.
B, C, RC, 3 wc,2 wd,3 wd45, d15, d17, d19, d21, 190, 440, 7040, 918 backhoe, 12 roto balers, 7 60 combines, 40, 66,2 72,90 super, sp100, Gleaner E, F3, 3 L2, R62, and much more
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2023 at 3:53pm
Looking good, thanks for posting.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2023 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by MACK MACK wrote:

Take that beater out so you can see the string start to wrap the press roller. Older ones don't have it and they worked fine.
Also baies look loose like key may be sheared in brake or need tightened  down.                           MACK

We purposely don't want them any heavier or more tight than what they are. They are for our own use, they roll out nicely, and son's girlfriend can handle them if she ever needs to. And with the weight that they are, one bale is about right to feed one cow for one day. Thanks for checking out the video and for the input though. Darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2023 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Sherman Farms Sherman Farms wrote:

Bales look just fine, I have run roto balers for 65 years and have 12 in the barn,I wouldn't change a thing on yours.

That's awesome 👌
Darrel
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2023 at 5:24am
Those Roto Balers put up the best quality hay of any baler,no beating and chopping the hay like a square baler.My dad baled with one hooked to a B until he bought the WD45.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic