This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H3 DOZER

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost in h3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H3 DOZER
    Posted: 17 Jul 2023 at 9:51pm
I have been rebuilding my H3 for  the last 3 months. I purchased it sight unseen on  Big Iron auction.  I drove  out of state  and picked it up. They said it was rough and didn't  run and they described it perfectly. It had been run hard and put away wet, very wet. The engine was locked up big time as in using a sledge hammer to get sleaves and pistons out.                                                                                                                  To make this a shorter story,  I  got my new engine started and running today.  30 psi oil pressure and temperature 172 degrees. I am one happy camper having never did a complete over hall  before.  I have many small things to do yet but the hard part is over.
I wish to thank every one for the help on this forum as well as others.  I'm sure i'll need more help before I'm complete and this is where I'll go.

Lost in H3

Sponsored Links

im4racin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im4racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2023 at 11:36pm
Have you driven it yet?
lost in h3 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost in h3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2023 at 4:40pm
not yet but .  dozens of little things left to do.
im4racin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im4racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2023 at 6:25pm
I bought one in similar condition…I got a surprise when I had to put a set of steer clutches and the final drive pinion fell out.  Got all that fixed and took for a drive….shuttle works backwards. Now I get to take it all back apart.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost in h3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2023 at 10:21pm
Sorry about taking it all apart. Been there. I have to ask about the shuttle. What is it?
I don't even know if I have one.  I haven't got to the point of actually driving the dozer yet. I have heard people talk about the shuttle. How do you know if you have one and what does it do?
im4racin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im4racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2023 at 10:46pm
Big lever on the left side. Changes drive direction
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost in h3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2023 at 11:11pm
Thank you
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic