This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sounds just like mine:

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sounds just like mine:
    Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 9:03pm
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
Sponsored Links

Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 12:26pm
That's a fun video... it's easy to 'live' into the the emotions connected to the job. I remember back 30 40 years ago when bulldozing was part of my livelihood. There was a recession, meaning less work with productive income. At times, feeling down and discouraged, not as much to show for your own self worth... all it would take was about an hour of productive pushing, levelling etc. and it was like a restoration of your manhood and upon returning home, productive emotions and outlook were restored to a rightful frame of mind. I feel that operating a bulldozer makes you feel much more part of the action than running an excavator for instance. You know it's the cat that has the 'push' up front but it makes you feel like you're doing it, this feels rewarding at the end of the day.
Back to the video... it's so cool to hear the engine taking on the workload of a good 'push'. Likely the same as farmers long ago, behind their team of horses hitting the workload in the fields. 
Thanks for your post 
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 2:24pm
I seen that video when it was less than an hour posted. Immediately caught my eye as I check for Allis-Chalmers 11B most every day. Couldn't stop watching if I wanted as the sounds and clanging around are so much like my own tractor. I am always impressed by an operator that knows the limitations of his machine and doesn't cross that line unnecessarily demanding more.

That recession you mention I lived through also. Times were hard on a young guy with a young family thrust into the unemployment roles. Fortunately, I then had, and still have no debt and both time frames were by choice. "Then" because I couldn't afford, now by choice of remembering "then". However that economic downturn took me out of the job scenario I was apprenticing at completely with no return. No where else to go as jobs simply did not exist to apply for.

Always enjoy listening to most any diesel engine, and flathead gasoline engines come up on load too. Something soothing about it and sounds you just don't get to hear much of any longer with all the insulation and ergonomics incorporated into today's modern machinery. As I've aged the noise just isn't as loud as it used to be either.

I like your explanation of "rightful frame of mind". There is no better reward to me than being able to do something yourself, no matter the task. Never have ran an excavator myself but have plenty of TLB work so kind of near the same in a way. Repaired a lot of bulldozers, but certainly am not an "operator" by any stretch.

The video shows property very much like our own. We, (son and I) will be doing much the same this gent was with the trees and leveling. Our goal is not clear but the land needs to be productive for some unknown, or finalized purpose yet. Kind of a big training scenario for us but there is reward in that.
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 1:43pm
Now if one could know what the finished project was suppose to be it might make cense to what he is doing but - if churning up dirt in one place is the idea ???? Doing that well 
  After digging basements , doing septic systems and putting in drives in wooded areas , can't picture the outcome he is after . Then doing it with a HD5G or my FD5 with a 6 way blade , lot easier than that is going , but when i had the Cat D6-9U the idea of force to get a job done made me appreciate newer equipment and AC  
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2023 at 6:44am
New video of the same tractor at work this morning:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic