This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

wc to wd 45 diesel flywheels weights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wc to wd 45 diesel flywheels weights
    Posted: 11 Jun 2023 at 4:15pm
any certian one wieght more than the others
Sponsored Links

plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 1:00pm
I’m way outside my lane on this but that 45 diesel flywheel is damn heavy. More than the 170 I have. But isn’t the rear main seal on the diesel different than the others?
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 6:01pm
The diesel flywheel as it is won't fit on a W-201/226 or G-226. Six holes instead of four and the rear seal sleeve is part of the flywheel, which could be machined off. Getting the four to six hole thing figured out could be a challenge. I have added 11 extra pounds to the gas flywheel used in a WC/WD chassis. Don't know how close that gets it to a diesel flywheel weight.
D17IV View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D17IV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2023 at 11:49am
They are heavier, but machine work is required to remove oil seal flange, countersink and fix the bolt pattern.    I recall the gas vs. diesel ring gears are the same, however you will find they are in a different location on the flywheel; so that will also need addressed.
B110, 1937 WC, CA, 2-WD45 Diesels, D14, 2-D15 Series II and 2-D17IV
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2023 at 11:03pm
i am going try to get the doner parts out of a wd this week and see what part of the wc flywheel i can use on the wd flywheel  hope that makes sense .  but may be machining a diesel wheel would be cheaper in the end ,    but i have to stick to the dr.s budget biuld if i want to get a pull out of it this year
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic