This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wonder what was going on in Des Moinesyesterday

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wonder what was going on in Des Moinesyesterday
    Posted: 03 Jun 2023 at 11:19am
I came and set up at the market in the AM. Fair grounds is on the east side of Des Moines. I needed to go to the Menards in Clive, a asuburburb on the West side. Normally a 30 minute drive. Between the car traffic and a small fender bender, it took almost 1.5 hours to get there. I could understand it today, they gots politicians on motorcycles here today.
    I got to Menards, needed to get a cap for the chain oil tank on my electric chain saw. The 2 women in charge of that department were not interested in talking to me. They told me to go home and call the manufacture. It took me over an hour to get thru their dang phone system and get 1 ordered. Oh well you gots to have a bad day once in a BLUE moon.
Sponsored Links

plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2023 at 1:14pm
I'd be thrilled with just once in a blue moon
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2023 at 1:43pm
Never cared for Blue Moon, Schlitz tastes better.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 11:51pm
I have several battery chain saws, none of them with the exception of one doe the chain oiler work. I did have one saw, a B&D that a mouse had chewed the oiler bulb off it, went and found a package of them in all kinds of different sizes, and none of them fit that saw. PffffffffT! the last one i bought was a dewalt and the auto oiler does work on that one, was reading the instruction book and it said in cold weather to use veggie oil instead of chain and bar oil. never heard that before!  
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 6:27am
FYI.....veggie oil is used by timber framers in their saws as it won't stain the $$$$$ timbers.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2023 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

Never cared for Blue Moon, Schlitz tastes better.

Blue Moon, Spotted Cow, or Summer Shandy is my wife's choice.  I stick to non-diet soda, or water...  I'm crazy enough as I am...LOL
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2023 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

I have several battery chain saws, none of them with the exception of one doe the chain oiler work. I did have one saw, a B&D that a mouse had chewed the oiler bulb off it, went and found a package of them in all kinds of different sizes, and none of them fit that saw. PffffffffT! the last one i bought was a dewalt and the auto oiler does work on that one, was reading the instruction book and it said in cold weather to use veggie oil instead of chain and bar oil. never heard that before!  

I remember using straight 30w, when temps dropped below -10 in the woods. Didn’t feel that cold, as deep into the woods there would be no wind, even on an overcast day after a short time you be peeling layers of clothing off to prevent sweating.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic