This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help wanted from HD11 owner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandylakeimplement Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help wanted from HD11 owner
    Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 8:10am

We are replacing the dual pump that supplies steering clutch pressure and lube flow. We would like someone familiar with them to tell us where the 2 sumps are filled/checked and if the lube circuit has a filter/strainer. These machines are out of our comfort zone & we want to make sure we cover all the bases.  If you can help please give us a call toll free 888-252-0656.   Many thanks, S>L>I

Sandy Lake Implement
Sandy Lake, PA
724-376-2489
www.sandylakeimp.com
FIND US ON FACEBOOK
Sponsored Links

gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 2:51pm
  The oil tank is is near the spring  and you can refill the tank on left side motor and the dip stick is on right side motor
steve aust View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve aust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 3:05am
 There is a strainer at the bottom of the tank outlet , also some models vary ,If it is power shift  (EP MODEL) still has pumps but takes oil from transmission ?and has two oil  filters  above fuel pump and a strainer in a large filter which sits  housing above thestarter motor . If it is (EC OR E MODEL) should have a tank in front of the spring as hector said , hope this helps steve
sandylakeimplement View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandylakeimplement Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 2:50pm
Thanks fellows but what are you meaning by "spring"?  It is an E model. We are aware of the dipstick & fill plug under the seat but we assume there is a second sump somewhere for the second section of the pump since the pumps two intake ports are isolated from each other.  Could one of you call us on our toll free #?   S>L>I
Sandy Lake Implement
Sandy Lake, PA
724-376-2489
www.sandylakeimp.com
FIND US ON FACEBOOK
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 5:38pm
 The oil tank reserve is near the spring (rigid beam) near the startor  between the motor and belhousing.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve aust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 4:48am
IF You take the sump guard off there should be a tank underneath the motor between the sump and the bell housing ,the spring or equalising beam is between the track frames and has a pivot in the centre supporting the whole front of the machine 
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve aust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 4:58am

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve aust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 5:15am

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve aust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 5:27am
Models can vary, I have two ec models ,the later model machine has the  settup in the second picture and the other earlier machine has the settup in the last picture hope you can mach something up here with yours ,if you follow the oil lines should be able to work it out . steve
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve aust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 5:45am
model b and e transmission lube pump from parts book shows two strainer filters at pump
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve aust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 6:16am
I think the last picture is what you were after ( when you said tandem pump thought you meant the one on the motor  that supplies oil to work the steering clutches .

I have only a parts book , i think there is only one dip stick and the pump takes oil from the botem of the trans in two places,
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve aust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 6:22am
also on the last picture lists item 7 as strainer assembly which can be pulled apart for cleaning.
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 4:13pm
I check today my stering cluch oil tank and I made a mistake the dipstick is on right side motor and you can refill the tank by the dipstick hole.
sandylakeimplement View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandylakeimplement Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 3:36pm
Many thanks fellows, we got the man going again!   S>L>I
Sandy Lake Implement
Sandy Lake, PA
724-376-2489
www.sandylakeimp.com
FIND US ON FACEBOOK
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic