This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC 6080 - 1982

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trafficagent1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC 6080 - 1982
    Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 12:33pm
The following 1982 - AC 6080 - Turbo is for sale $22,500.00 - Allis Chalmers finest hour machine.   This is a very special unit that has 1400 lbs. of rear and 900 lbs. of front wheel weights.  Engine hood parts professionally repainted and has essentially brand-new rear MITAS bias ply tires.   This tractor includes a late 1940 - early 1950 Sears & Roebuck 100-bushel grain wagon repainted in AC Corporate Orange and has all new implement tires.   This tractor has a new alternator and fuel injectors which were said to have been replaced at some point.  AC belt not attached to compressor unknown status of operation.  Burns completely clean under power with video and more pictures available to demonstrate.  Contact Greg Meints at Wells Implement, Plymouth, Nebraska with serious inquiries.   402-656-4435

Sponsored Links

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 1:54pm
OK,, the 6080 was/ is  a nice tractor but not the finest hour as had at least of a MILLION DOLLAR of recalls and bad publicity over the crank going thru the front of the engine ,, 1982 was a bad year for them , then they put the BRA on the front, does this one have this on ?

Edited by DougG - 18 Dec 2022 at 2:07pm
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 2:58pm
It would be helpful for anyone interested to actually know what SIZE the new rear tires are!!!  Also, how many HOURS are on the tractor?? 1,000 hrs or 10,000 hrs ???  Never seen the rear axle tubes painted orange until now.
trafficagent1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trafficagent1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 7:27pm
The 6000 series model came out in 1980 and the early release’s had issues particularly the Thrust Bearing over extension.
By 1982 all were fitted with the Thrust Bearing kit (BCA) which this unit has. 7600 hrs.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trafficagent1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 7:29pm
Rear 18.4 X 34 - Mitas Bias ply.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 7:56pm
Thank you.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trafficagent1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2022 at 5:27pm
On my 1982 - AC 6080 for sale.  I will apologize in advance for the length of this note however I decided to let clearer heads prevail before posting this follow-up note after the passive/aggressive troll comment yesterday.  

First, I love this machine and am only selling it because I am retired and moving back to Wisconsin and do not need 3 tractors.  I am keeping my AGCO GT 55A with a loader for acreage work and snow.  This is the "only" reason I am selling it, and if I was staying here in Nebraska, it would not be for sale.   I absolutely love this wonderful tractor and would sell it to my best friend.

I have owned the AC 6080 for 11 years, Serial # 4065, and the only thing I have had to fix was a blown original rear Goodyear Dyna torque tire which blew out several years ago when I was planting, and I decided the other one was probably not far behind, so I put on the new MITAS.   I like my equipment to both run and look good.  I have replaced the batteries and the alternator, other than that only fluids and filters.  

To expound upon my original reply, as documented in TRACTOR DATA. COM, the first year for the AC 6080 (as well as 6060 & 6070) was 1980.   All three models used the same 4 cylinder 3.3 ltr. engine, with only higher compression on the first two models and the added turbo on the 6080.   The production build was (Yr 1980 - 1001) (Yr 1981 - 1152) (Yr 1982 - 3002).   So my tractor being Serial # 4065 was built in mid 1982 since serial numbers that year would have started with 2154 and ended with 5155. 

As with any new model of anything cars or tractors, the first year(s) can be an issue and this series was no different and I would agree that one might be concerned about a 1980 model year and maybe 1981.  You would want to ensure it has the Thrust Bearing kit added. 

The Thrust bearing kit was devised as a permanent fix to the movement against the block when the PTO was engaged and it solved the problem and was installed at the factory by 1982.     I think the fact that this tractor has 7600 hrs. and runs like a top is testament to the problem solving that occurred and IMHO 1982 was in fact not a bad year for this tractor. series.

If now one wants it, I will take the tractor and the wagon to Wisconsin and that will be OK also.   A bit larger pictures of the tractor and a video of tractor running available through my dealer.    Thank you!

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2022 at 6:09pm
Nice tractor and thanks for the new pictures,, I do luv the 6080 as you can shift them like a truck !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic